Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 2017 purge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

September 2017 purge

I got home from vacation and found 11 clothing catalogs from the mail. uGH!! 11 catalogs in 17 days. And then 4 plant catalogs.

This morning I contacted each company to stop clothng catalogs coming here. It pains me that I have to do that, my timr is worth something.

Yppej
    I am deleting old emails.

Even though we've moved and I haven't ordered any clothes from a catalog in over two years, I too am besieged with daily catalogs for all kinds of stuff. It's very frustrating...

I got rid of a chair that has been in our bedroom for years and a throw pillow that was on the chair. The chair didn't serve much purpose and it was really just another thing I had to move to vacuum. Slowly but steadily culling books too.

Dh and ds both went through their clothes and two bags were picked up for donation yesterday. About 40 items... I'm guessing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    The old frayed wallet is going. I liked it and found a nearly exact replica.

www.catalogchoice.org - helps get rid of catalogs. Also, spend 20 minutes and call the 800 numbers on the catalogs and ask them not to send you anymore. It will probably take a couple of cycles, but eventually, they'll drop off.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    After evacuating a week and a half ago, and trying to determine what to take in case of a flood, I really am looking at my possessions in a new light.

Took a a load of books, some old clothes I had not worn in years and several pans I had not used in years to goodwill today

also, our food pantries are bare due to the hurricane. i cleaned out the pantry and bought a bag over.

Iris Lilies, congrats on asking the catalogue companies to stop sending them, and beckyliz, thanks for that link so that the rest of us can do the same. I call that pre-cluttering - when you stop it before it starts (again)! I take great pleasure some days in walking from the mailbox to the outside recycling bin and dumping all the junk in the latter before it can even come in the house.

My daughter and I have been filling up a bag of hand-me-downs for some friends, and today we delivered it. Total for month so far: 15.

So i m pretty good at precluttering the mail. Some days the mail box is empty. Often the one or two pieces get recyled in the garage!

I seem to have decluttered my ipad this week - i dropped it and it is a brick. Has to wait for the electronics recycling drop though. This machine is old and the keyboard is bad - including the space bar, so please be patient with my posts. It's hard to catch all the typos.

I cleaned out a cupboard in the studio. Right now it is empty, but i am going to put boxesof specialty clay in it. They are tucked here and there right now.

Thread Information