Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just did my first write up.....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Jane, I can understand this, I really can. Right now I just want to apply myself for this season, and save every penny I can and see where I am at the end of the season in April. Another factor here is that I am getting older and the physical requirements of banquet serving are getting more taxing/draining and this role is much less physically draining....but of course will be draining in other ways. I have to say it's nice right now to sit in the temp service supervisor's quasi office and be online, which I am told is not a problem during shift meals provided I rise immediately upon any client issue(s) or temp issues(s). Meaning I'd best be quick about being online. Rob
    That's why I recommended you give it a try. Because I belonged to a union and got paid for overtime, I was in no hurry to give that up for a minimal increase in pay with all the attendant management responsibilities and headaches.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Need to modify your avatar and add the words "big brother is watching you"!
    Disagreed with 100%. BB Rob here is doing his job - getting paid to make sure the rules are adhered to, especially one that is so huge to both the temp service as the client as this one is, and also a rule that yours truly has always complied with. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    In my paramilitary organization, officers are expected to informally discuss problem behaviour and offer directions for improvement with their subordinates before moving to the documentable formal "verbal warning" stage.

We also have binders and binders full of SOPs and skill sheets that document the legally-required processes for doing things, and compliance to them.
    Yes, that is true and is good management. Informal discussion, which is likely "verbal" should be a first step.

But if the OP's company has clearly communicated the consequences of eating inappropriately, in an environment where food is the main focus, then that's that.

Hi Float On,

I also was commended by the office staff for catching this and not letting it go - it's one of their biggies. I also have to say annoying as I personally have found this rule, this is one I have always complied with and without complaint.
    Very good for being commended (and noticed). I'm sure they'll feel reassured in making the decision to promote you. I did some banquet work for large events when I was in highschool/college but haven't done anything with food service since then. You forget there are some really big rules that go along with health dept guidelines.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Disagreed with 100%. BB Rob here is doing his job - getting paid to make sure the rules are adhered to, especially one that is so huge to both the temp service as the client as this one is, and also a rule that yours truly has always complied with. Rob

AKA Policing.
    Your becoming what you fear the most.

AKA Policing.
    Your becoming what you fear the most.
    I've asked you this before BUT you chose to blow me off and now that I am not a moderator I can ask you point blank....what is it about my posts that brings out this quality in you? You don't treat anyone else on this board the way you treat me - what is it about me and/or my posts that you spare this side of yourself for, hmmmm? My enquiring mind would like to know after having been treated this way by you for some time.....care to speak? I'm all ears especially after your last evasion as to this question.....ball in your court ToomuchStuff. Rob

How much you miss, the irony. An example, for a LONG time you mentioned I should put you on the ignore list, and when I responded, you failed to grasp how a moderator couldn't be ignored. Even after you resigned that title (without the power, as non computer smart monitors, screwed up the back end of the board, endangering it for all), you told a moderator that you considered adding them to your ignore list.
    You don't get things, and seem to be living with blinders, claiming to be enlightened, preaching. That is like a child trying to be the adult. Quaint until it gets old and annoying.

How much you miss, the irony. An example, for a LONG time you mentioned I should put you on the ignore list, and when I responded, you failed to grasp how a moderator couldn't be ignored. Even after you resigned that title (without the power, as non computer smart monitors, screwed up the back end of the board, endangering it for all), you told a moderator that you considered adding them to your ignore list.
    You don't get things, and seem to be living with blinders, claiming to be enlightened, preaching. That is like a child trying to be the adult. Quaint until it gets old and annoying.
    Still didn't answer my question. I am asking for what did I do specifically to deserve your attitudes/behavior? You may disagree with me, and that's fine, but your post here, though I respect your attempt to answer, is vague on specifics. Want to treat me poorly? I'm a Scorpio....that's fine by me. But have specifics to back up your behavior. Your behavior towards me has bordered on harrassment, yes indeed it has, and were the board not so conservative leaning these days you would have been called on it some time ago. LOL....I wish you would have been here when I first arrived in 2005....you would not have lasted long with the ultra liberal crew around at that time.......but that's then and this is now. I am merely asking for specifics. Care to provide? Thank You......Rob

PS Specifics would imply, to make it clear, specific actions on my part and not pulling examples out of the air that do not involve interactions between the two of us. That said, what specific reasons do you have for your attitude towards me? What have I EVER done specifically towards you ToomuchStuff to warrant your behavior, behavior that has been called out recently by another member here? I believe I'm worth an honest and sincere reply as to what I have to done toward you specifically to warrant your attitude/behavior and without evasion whatsoever. Ball in your court, ToomuchStuff and I will admit one thing....I'm glad to no longer be a moderator so I can post this towards your behavior. Once again, ball in your court and I await your response eagerly. Rob

You might want to go back through my responses to you and read, and maybe you will see what you have missed. Remember you put what spin you want on it by your mood, your thoughts, experiences. views, etc. I can't help that you still don't get it, no one but you can and that is the point.
    You were not the only one who has done or ever will do that. Redfox did as well. You view me as harassing, I see them as another viewpoint. (you find them harassing because you disagree, this is not a safe space, but a discussion/dialog forum)
    UL does similar, in that trying to "start a conversation", he throws out topics like homework, instead of posting what he thinks. (isn't that what Facebook is for?)

You might want to go back through my responses to you and read, and maybe you will see what you have missed. Remember you put what spin you want on it by your mood, your thoughts, experiences. views, etc. I can't help that you still don't get it, no one but you can and that is the point.
    You were not the only one who has done or ever will do that. Redfox did as well. You view me as harassing, I see them as another viewpoint. (you find them harassing because you disagree, this is not a safe space, but a discussion/dialog forum)
    UL does similar, in that trying to "start a conversation", he throws out topics like homework, instead of posting what he thinks. (isn't that what Facebook is for?)
    So it's your job here to moderate everyone, make sure they fall in line with posting behavior that you yourself find appropriate?

I do appreciate your reply, btw, especially given the level of friction in our interactions. I have to give you credit for at least replying - only problem with your reply - once again - you didn't give specifics. I can't change anything or address any issues if you are not willing to give specific examples. Realistically, without your finding or being willing to find specific examples of just why your find your attitude/behavior towards my posts acceptable - i.e., specific instances of my behavior that justify your behavior - I don't see how there can be any resolution.

I vote for the ignore feature in your case and I certainly understand if you make the same choice in regards to me. Buena suerte in life y adios! Rob

Thread Information