Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Junk mail - HELP!

I've given up. I signed up for some place that keeps junk mail from coming from your house.........but it didn't work. I call places that send me stuff and tell them to quit.........it doesn't work. I even get the newspaper that I quit paying for years ago and asked them to stop sending it to me, and that didn't work.
    I have one subscription to Taste of Home. The last time I renewed for 3 years, and within a couple months, they started sending me requests to renew. ACH!!!

I get crap from everywhere. I probably get a grocery sack full each week, which I recycle. It really ticks me off that so many trees are used for this trash.....and all the energy used, and all the gas used by the Post Office to dump it in my mailbox.
    I get phonebooks I've asked to not receive, but keep getting them. It's totally ridiculous.
    I quit donating to places (yes, even the Nature Conservancy, etc.), because they would send me so much stuff......that must have cost more than my donation.
    I find it all so unbelievably wasteful. But that's what this country is best at..........total waste.

Try hitting 65 and getting daily calls and mail regarding Medicare supplement plans. I know it will eventually stop so I don't do anything but throw it out and we dont answer the phone unless we know the caller or number.

I finally sent an email to our local PBS station to tell them that I only make one contribution a year and feel that the almost weekly/monthly mail was excessive. They took me off all but the annual mailing. Hope it works or they will not get any contribution. One step.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I have one subscription to Taste of Home. The last time I renewed for 3 years, and within a couple months, they started sending me requests to renew. ACH!!!

I get crap from everywhere. I probably get a grocery sack full each week, which I recycle. It really ticks me off that so many trees are used for this trash.....and all the energy used, and all the gas used by the Post Office to dump it in my mailbox.
    I get phonebooks I've asked to not receive, but keep getting them. It's totally ridiculous.
    I quit donating to places (yes, even the Nature Conservancy, etc.), because they would send me so much stuff......that must have cost more than my donation.
    I find it all so unbelievably wasteful. But that's what this country is best at..........total waste.
    I subscribed to one magazine, via a discount place, where they had four years for $16, back when I was looking for remodeling idea's. Before I got the magazine, I received my first renewal notice. I called and asked the maximum number of years I could have a subscription for, and was told four. I told them about the four years I already have (at the time) and would like to use their renewal offer to extend that, to which there was some yammering, then typing, and then I didn't receive any more renewals).
    Junk mail AKA third class mail, keeps the post office afloat. I wanted to duct tape a trash can to my mail box and write on the lid, for third class mail.
    Phone books took a year or two. Not sure if it was their online sign up for no phone book, or the lack of a phone. (still get them when they have someone with little kids that run from the cars with them, about once every five years)
    The newspaper, I sent a "littering and trash disposal bill" to. (that stopped)

Can't fix stupid, but you can have fun with it.

Thread Information