Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bach Rescue Remedy

Bach Rescue Remedy

Lately I have been feeling extremely stressed and overwhelmed for no real reason. I take stock of the situation and conclude that no one is putting stress on me except myself. But still the tense, tight muscles, and the stressful feelings are there and very real. I was wondering if any one here has had personal experiences with Bach Rescue Remedy and if you felt it helped your stress level?
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I've not heard of it Sad Eyed. The pressure on yourself caused by yourself is something I keep dealing with, too. I think it is fear. Fear of the future, fear of failure and fear of being alone and old. So I work on trust, journal, meditation tapes- haven't mastered the meditating without guidance from my tapes. I had counseling many years ago and still mentally go through the talking to her in my head to decide if I need to go back. So far, not, but I like to keep that option open. You've been through some difficult things and perhaps you are still grieving and processing. Grief group at Hospice might help.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I've had good luck with this in the past. I can remember the first time I tried it I had not slept well in eight nights, no exaggeration here, I was getting by on about maybe 20 hours of sleep over the course of those eight days and had just started a new job at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon - this was back in 2004. Bach Rescue Remedy helped me finally sleep - just to calm down enough to turn my mind off and let me get drowsy and sleep. Rob

PS Came back to edit the year I mentioned - should have been 2004 and not 2014.
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 9-15-17 at 8:54pm.

Love it, i actually carry it with me but haven't used it in awhile. I used it a lot when i was quitting smoking. There are these types of gummies that are easier than the liquid too

I'm not sure I believe in its efficacy, but I carry it with me when I drive long distances and swig from the little bottle. That, along with soothing music (including Celine Dion's French Album) usually gets me where I want to go..

You might want to try one or more of the individual ones, such as Elm (for those who are overwhelmed). Not everyone is sensitive to these, so you just have to try them and see. Great book about Bach -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/1591200725. And a quick reference website -- http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm.

Thanks oddball, I realize I could be more specific in my remedies on some things right now.

I didn't find it helpful for me when flying to Australia, although my husband did.

Thanks for the website...I thought Bach Remedy was music!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I've not heard of it Sad Eyed. The pressure on yourself caused by yourself is something I keep dealing with, too. I think it is fear. Fear of the future, fear of failure and fear of being alone and old. So I work on trust, journal, meditation tapes- haven't mastered the meditating without guidance from my tapes. I had counseling many years ago and still mentally go through the talking to her in my head to decide if I need to go back. So far, not, but I like to keep that option open. You've been through some difficult things and perhaps you are still grieving and processing. Grief group at Hospice might help.
    Thanks for your reply nswef, I have been to two different grief groups including the one at Hospice and feel they did help. I would recommend them to anyone going through a major loss in their life. I am sure there is still quite a bit I am processing and grieving, so that is probably part of it. In fact, a couple of nights ago I dreamed I was driving in a town that was unfamiliar to me and my car was very low on gas. At some point I saw my husband and I said "I am so glad to see you. I am about out of gas and I don't know the streets here. I don't know where I am.". This morning it dawned on me that that was probably a pretty good description of myself right now.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information