Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Wrong with Amazon?

I don't know other than a few items sometimes (those where it really is too much trouble to get it elsewhere - the kind of things that are hard to find or where you can't even figure out what type store might even sell it etc.), I mostly use Amazon for used books, and there really isn't that much that even can go wrong there (and they aren't even necessarily shipped by amazon depending). Otherwise I go direct to the retailers website or to a store etc.
    Trees don't grow on money

I have Prime and it works for me. I generally use whatever free shipping is offered, and have never experienced a problem.

Nothing, as far as I'm concerned. I buy most things on line. I've had two glitches (over the course of several years), and Amazon returned my money immediately. I particularly love Amazon Lockers.

I've been receiving great service from them. The occasional boo-boo is remedied swiftly and without bother.

The one thing to watch out for is ordering from vendors that simply use Amazon as their sales/transaction platform - check to see who the seller is before clicking, and check their reputation.

I've had no issues with Amazon myself. Agree with Bae, make sure you check who the seller is.

I have had no problems with Amazon, and great return policy when something has gone wrong from their non-Amazon sellers. I have asked for an received courtesy credits when things go really wrong with their sellers, so they stand behind their brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Semi threadjack....
    Can I ask why?
    I am wondering if you found the same as me? I found that Ebay has done what it wanted, and effectively become a retail/storefront model in so many cases. There are less actual "auctions" and sellers on there and then also fewer buyers/bidders in those remaining auctions. (can still get good deals, but much rarer now)
    I maybe have used eBay 3 times this year so far I used to be I think the best buyer there Correct it is like a store now, not auction. I dislike going shopping in stores and Amazon seems to have everything I need.

I've bought clothes from eBay this year, in lieu of hitting the thrift stores. I prefer the "buy it now" option to bidding, by far.

I haven't had problems, but I have noticed a change in who delivers many of my Amazon orders. Some that may have been delivered by UPS or USPS now seem to be delivered by some sort of third party independents in their own cars. On one occasion an older car filled with boxes pulled up in front of my house and I thought it was a homeless person living out of his car. It was an Amazon delivery. The delivery guy had no uniform or anything indicating a company. I've had a few other deliveries by some sort of third or unidentifiable party. Amazon has always been good about returns, although big things like refrigerators do present a return logistics problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I still love Amazon (because I hate shopping in stores) but have noticed things are taking longer and longer to arrive. One item I waited months for and finally told them to forget it. I most often have somebody drive up in their private car to deliver it. One night at 8p! I think they have grown so fast that they can't keep up with demand.
    As several people have mentioned, check who the seller is and where the item is actually shipping from. Amazon has opened its doors to wholesalers actually in China. Prices are great, but shipping time can be up to 30 days - Prime or not.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information