Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's Wrong with Amazon?

I, too, placed another order, 4 items:

"Square Foot Gardening" book came all mashed up, (paperback was the same price as the Kindle version, I preferred the paperback on this one.).

Pet Waste Pickup Bags- they substituted different bags "You have previously ordered these and they are now on sale." Yeah, I purposely Did Not re-order them because they are 2 inches shorter than the others, making them hard to tie!

Shoes for my daughter, ordered Skechers Go Walk 3, tan, size 9; they sent Skechers Go Walk 2, neutral, size 8.5, "You have previously ordered Go Walk 2 in size 8.5" WTH??? Even though I am purchasing them, they are not for me!! I have a right to buy similar gifts for others in different sizes!!

Protein Powder that I have ordered 4 times now came with a label on it saying, "California Residents Proposition 65 Warning: This product contains a substance known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." A phone call to the manufacturer, who said, "That has always been on there. It's a higher than allowed level of zinc." Well, no, it has never been on there, either from Amazon or from the health food store, where it costs $11 more.

So, 4 for 4, complete strike out.
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 10-5-17 at 12:48am. Reason: spelling

I know there are all sorts of ethical arguments not to order from them, they are too big and monopolistic, they treat the workers badly. Ok, yea, fine, I'll use other alternatives if I actually like them. But yes I still order some things. So in September 5 used books (mostly probably not even delivered by them), a table cloth, 2 blue light blocking glasses (an experiment, they are supposed to help sleep, but in case your wondering I'm not sure they make any difference), and silver polish (I'm actually cleaning silver to sell, yea I'm cleaning stuff even when de-cluttering it ...). All arrived ok. So I hear the ethical arguments against AMZN, I'm just not having problems with them as a business too much.

Although if the problem is just with Chinese products, except for electronics (because there really is NO choice), if I see "made in China" I don't buy it generally.
    Trees don't grow on money

I use Amazon UK a LOT. But their 'tax avoidance' (along with Apple, Starbucks and others) really irritates me!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...vernment-apple

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    I use Amazon UK a LOT. But their 'tax avoidance' (along with Apple, Starbucks and others) really irritates me!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...vernment-apple
    Did Jimmy Carr go to work for them?

Son #1 ordered a video DVD. It came in a book box, one of those where you fold the ends in tight around the book? Much bigger than the DVD. The shipping person at Amazon folded the book box flat, stuck a label on it and shipped it off. No tape on the ends (reminded me of the "6 inches people...6 inches" line from the Elf movie about the curling ribbon for packages). Apparently a shipping employee at Amazon is encouraged to pack super fast with as little tape used as possible. It really amazed me that the DVD made it in the box. It fell out as soon as I lifted the it from the mail box.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

3 book arrived in excellent condition.

Thread Information