Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iris Lilies.........are you back from your vacation yet?

This morning we invited police officers to our home by calling 911. I was in the process of loading my car for a garden club event. i left it unlocked while I went into our house. DH saw a young man get into the driver's seat. DH immediately 1) hit his car panic button which caused lights and horn to go off 2) called 911.

The noise caused the young man to quickly leave my car and sprint off.

I was amazed that two policemen, in separate cars, came to this scene within a few minutes. Police here are understaffed already, and then they were actively policing protests downtown this morning. The helicopter noise has been consant here for 24 hours. I was surprised there are even any police officers assigned to the streets.

They came and chatted with DH, and told him they had already cruised the neighborhood in the direction the perp ran, but no luck in seeing him. It is common here for young men to try open car door handles for the purpose of riffling through the car, often for change. One of the policemen said that the the perp was "probably just looking for some money for coffee, so that he could go down the street to Tim Horton's and drink coffe while studying for his calculus exam.""

HaHaHa! these police guys are droll. As if, calculus. Or even coffee. Made us laugh.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-18-17 at 5:44pm.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This morning we invited police officers to our home by calling 911. I was in the process of loading my car for a garden club event. i left it unlocked while I went into our house. DH saw a young man get into the driver's seat. DH immediately 1) hit his car panic button which caused lights and horn to go off 2) called 911.

The noise caused the young man to quickly leave my car and sprint off.

I was amazed that two policemen, in separate cars, came to this scene within a few minutes. Police here are understaffed already, and then they were actively policing protests downtown this morning. The helicopter noise has been consant here for 24 hours. I was surprised there are even any police officers assigned to the streets.

They came and chatted with DH, and told him they had already cruised the neighborhood in the direction the perp ran, but no luck in seeing him. It is common here for young men to try open car door handles for the purpose of riffling through the car, often for change. One of the policemen said that the the perp was "probably just looking for some money for coffee, so that he could go down the street to Tim Horton's and drink coffe while studying for his calculus exam.""

HaHaHa! these police guys are droll. As if, calculus. Or even coffee. Made us laugh.
    IL, I'm not posting here about "the 85006" being "on it" or anything we've done long distance as to this issue in St. Louis. All I'm saying is that the type of crime you just described - we have very little of that in the 85006. It's much more drugs - sales and consumption, and also assaults between those selling drugs and I'd guess if you don't pay up, assaults on buyers. My point here is that in my zip anyway, drugs are what fuels crime......interesting to me that this type of crime shows up in different formats in different places. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL, I'm not posting here about "the 85006" being "on it" or anything we've done long distance as to this issue in St. Louis. All I'm saying is that the type of crime you just described - we have very little of that in the 85006. It's much more drugs - sales and consumption, and also assaults between those selling drugs and I'd guess if you don't pay up, assaults on buyers. My point here is that in my zip anyway, drugs are what fuels crime......interesting to me that this type of crime shows up in different formats in different places. Rob
    Check Trulia for your zip code. Burglary, theft and robbery figure among the most frequently reported crimes.

Thread Information