Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doing dishes, how picky

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Over the weekend we went to an estate sale and I bought a 13 inch Le Creuset frying pan for $11.

I have been spraying the outside of the pan with Easy Off outside to remove the layers and layers of grime.

I figure the inside of an oven and enameled cast iron are pretty much the same thing.
    Oh, thanks! I may give that a try.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    I don't have a dishwasher so I typically wash everything before bed. This helps keep things in check. If I have something that needs soaking, I leave it on the counter soaking overnight and wash it the next morning. Anything left longer than that would be pretty uncomfortable for me.

I have been buying better quality glasses and find that they look good forever. Eventually some will break. I rinse dishes after eating and put whatever I can in the dishwasher. The rest I wash by hand after soaking. If a dish comes out not clean I soak it.

Yppej
    The oven cleaner removed most of the buildup on my glassware. With one more round of treatment I think it will be completely clean. Thank you, thank you!

Thread Information