Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Projects - Tracking and Progress

Geila

Fall Projects - Tracking and Progress

I'm ready to start working on some goals again.

1. SAD season - this will be my main challenge going forward. The goal is to keep the SAD symptoms at bay.
    2. Self-care - I need to get back to this after slacking off this past week or two. This will include all aspects of self-care to keep things simple.
    3. Home & Garden - I have a bunch of projects that I'd like to get done and the weather is finally cool enough that it will be enjoyable to work on them.

Anyone want to join in?

Yppej
    I did some yardwork this past weekend, but we have clammy air coming at us from two different hurricane systems. When it gets cooler I will get more motivated. I did cut down most of the blueflags.

This fall I will continue working on weight loss and am also tackling caffeine reduction.

At the job I volunteered for more work because there is not enough to keep me busy and I am getting bored. This will be a headache short term as I likely will get messed up accounts from the department underperformer, but my efforts to clean them up will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Yppej; 9-25-17 at 7:17pm. Reason: Fux typos

Geila
    These cool mornings are so nice! The sun finally started coming out around 8:30 or so and everything feels quiet and peaceful. I'm still in my pj's and having coffee. The pets are napping after their morning frenzy.

I moved my table and computer to a south-facing room to enjoy the sun (a positive SAD-related action.) I also put a nice bright lamp on the table to supplement the overhead lighting. Light is a big deal with SAD.

Yesterday I spent several hours puttering in the garden.

Geila
    Is anyone else having a hard time being productive with the changing of seasons?

Yesterday I took a long afternoon nap and woke up groggy and lethargic because I wasn't in need of sleep. I find that I feel much better when I'm physically active but the willpower needed to get myself there is a struggle. All I want to do is cuddle on the couch with my furry creatures and a fleece blanket. Today is cool, overcast and quiet. I even felt some light sprinkles when I was walking with the dogs. This all leads me think the couch is the best logical place to be.

I might start logging daily activities here to push myself out of this rut.

Actually, I've found the changing seasons adds an urgency to finishing up (okay, starting ) what I have to do outside. Here in Minnesota, there will be plenty of days coming when it will be inhospitable outside and the most attractive option is curling up on the sofa.

Not much progress made on my earlier-summer list. I've had a cold the last several days which makes working outside nothing I want to do...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Geila
    Spend money or suck it up?

A couple of weeks ago I found that my swimsuit had gotten too big and it was also looking old and ratty so I tossed it. Luckily, I had a new suit in the next size down and although it was a tiny bit snug in the chest, it fit well enough to be worn at the pool. Well, after my 10 days of junk, sugar and carbs, that suit is looking pretty darn snug all over. I'm embarrassed to wear it to the pool and have avoided going because of it. I was thinking of trying to find a new suit in the larger size. I don't know if any stores will still have swimsuits available though. And it seems unfrugal to buy something just to avoid a couple weeks of embarrassment. But I sure miss the pool and jacuzzi.

I found some nice suits online at Target but their shipping is either really slow (over 7 days) or very expensive (over $20).

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Spend money or suck it up?

A couple of weeks ago I found that my swimsuit had gotten too big and it was also looking old and ratty so I tossed it. Luckily, I had a new suit in the next size down and although it was a tiny bit snug in the chest, it fit well enough to be worn at the pool. Well, after my 10 days of junk, sugar and carbs, that suit is looking pretty darn snug all over. I'm embarrassed to wear it to the pool and have avoided going because of it. I was thinking of trying to find a new suit in the larger size. I don't know if any stores will still have swimsuits available though. And it seems unfrugal to buy something just to avoid a couple weeks of embarrassment. But I sure miss the pool and jacuzzi.

I found some nice suits online at Target but their shipping is either really slow (over 7 days) or very expensive (over $20).
    Try Amazon.

Yppej
    Can you wear cutoffs to the pool?

I would imagine no one cares how you look..You can stay in the water if you want and have your cover-up right next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time being productive with the changing of seasons?

Yesterday I took a long afternoon nap and woke up groggy and lethargic because I wasn't in need of sleep. I find that I feel much better when I'm physically active but the willpower needed to get myself there is a struggle. All I want to do is cuddle on the couch with my furry creatures and a fleece blanket. Today is cool, overcast and quiet. I even felt some light sprinkles when I was walking with the dogs. This all leads me think the couch is the best logical place to be.

I might start logging daily activities here to push myself out of this rut.
    Nope. With the threat of frost looming we're in high gear on garden harvest, prep and storage. IE: ratatouille in the freezer, beans blanched/frozen, salsa making goes on and on and on. I refuse to waste what we've grown and nurtured since June.

Thread Information