Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Projects - Tracking and Progress

Geila
    I tried on the suit yesterday to make sure and I look like I'm busting at the seams. So I'm going to see if I can find something in one of the stores nearby. I could probably wear cutoffs but wouldn't be comfortable with the added fabric weight. And I'd also need to wear a t-shirt since the bust is overflowing. I'm hoping I can find something at Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time being productive with the changing of seasons?
    I had to take a sick day Monday. I'm experiencing SAD and it isn't even winter yet. Our September has been hotter than July/Aug. It's too muggy to work outside and I'm depressed over it. We've only had one sprinkle of rain in the last 4 weeks and everything is dry, dusty, and crinkles! Our fall colors are already on but burning out quickly. It appears we won't have much color this year. I need a cool morning to work outside and dang it...I need to pack a few orbs for Geila too! Can't believe I keep putting off going out to the studio to do that!

Swimsuits: I've noticed a lot of swimsuits still on sale in stores. Great time to stock up for next season at these prices. I usually buy several this time of year for the next.. I like the mix/match top/short sets for kayaking. Sporty and comfy and not revealing. I'm not sure why it is but anytime I pull up to unload at least one person comes to talk and see if I need any unloading/loading help and ask questions about kayaking. Mostly I think they are just trying to chat me up.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    I went to Ross and Target and nothing. Was told both stores got rid of everything already. I found a cute tankini on amazon and ordered in two sizes since I don't know how the brand runs. This is the first time I've been aware of the junk food taking away something I really enjoy. I mean, I've always been aware of the negatives that junk food brings with it, but hadn't really been made aware of the good stuff that it takes away (other than energy, I've been aware of that for a while!)

I've started turning on all the lights in the main part of the house and leaving them on for the whole day. We've had a dramatic change in weather here - it was 100 degrees a couple of weeks ago and now mornings are in the 50's and the daily highs are in the 60's to low 70's, and overcast.

Float - I started noticing small SAD symptoms creeping up a couple of weeks ago. The light is a huge trigger for me, so having lots of light in the house is helping a lot. I also notice I've been wanting to sleep a lot more than normal.

Geila
    I got my new tankini and it is so cute. I can't wait to wear at the pool. There might be some struttin goin on.

Goal progress:
    SAD - things seem to be pretty calm and quiet in this regard. My preemptive measures seem to be paying off.
    Self-care - this week's goal is to get back in the exercise groove. Low-carb is going well.
    House & garden - did a few minor things this weekend. I'm looking forward to having a more productive week and enjoying some feelings of accomplishment.

Geila
    SAD - I went for a nice long walk in the sun today - with sunscreen and a hat - to get in some Vit D. The pups and I got a good workout out of it too.
    Self-care - Pool and jacuzzi yesterday in my new tankini and it was nice to be back in the water. Was able to avoid indulging a carb craving.
    House & Garden - Caught up on some housecleaning - now most of the house is clean and shiny. Planned to hand water the backyard after dinner but got caught up watching The Five on Netflix instead. It gets dark so early now!

So even though I haven't finished in the back yard (still waiting to get a load or two of small pea gravel or river pebbles) I started on a small front area.
    I got these two big urns at goodwill for $6 each while I was up north last weekend. Painted them a hammered bronze brown and moved some mums into them. Right in front of them in front of the cement pad (needs redone too) was a flower bed with stacked stones around it. I've been working on cleaning that out - you actually couldn't see the bottom 4 steps because of the overgrowth in the flower bed. It too was overrun in ivy and just scrub brush that took over. I uncovered probably 100 bulbs and iris, dug up some roots (one big one to go). I found a granite water bubbler fountain on clearance at a farm & home store. So I'll create another stone area there with the bubbler (humming birds love bubblers). I can wrap the electrical around the concrete edge to the right, under the stairs and porch to wire it into the electrical access. Also noted is that I need to add the porch and steps to the master list too: powerwash, clean, stain, seal. Ahh...it's neverending!
    front.jpg
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

The pots and arrangement look great, welcoming. Our cement stoop improved with the use of Wet and Forget- it takes a while, but all you do is spray it on the surface and every time it rains, it makes it a little cleaner. We've used in on our siding and it is amazing-gets rid of the green stuff-Our siding is pale yellow, 40 years old and looks great. I now do it once a year or every 18 months. I know about the master list that grows....

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Wet and Forget- it takes a while, but all you do is spray it on the surface and every time it rains, it makes it a little cleaner. ..
    I'll look for that. I also need to see if I can dig out a bit under the concrete and fill in with something to move it up. Or...just lay some more on top of it.

Yppej
    The steps look so inviting - a great entrance.

I pulled up the rest of the false sunflowers. Next I want to tackle all the forsythia runners. The number of items on the list does stay at least even.

Geila
    Float - I just sent you a pm!

Thread Information