Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fall Projects - Tracking and Progress

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    So even though I haven't finished in the back yard (still waiting to get a load or two of small pea gravel or river pebbles) I started on a small front area.
    I got these two big urns at goodwill for $6 each while I was up north last weekend. Painted them a hammered bronze brown and moved some mums into them. Right in front of them in front of the cement pad (needs redone too) was a flower bed with stacked stones around it. I've been working on cleaning that out - you actually couldn't see the bottom 4 steps because of the overgrowth in the flower bed. It too was overrun in ivy and just scrub brush that took over. I uncovered probably 100 bulbs and iris, dug up some roots (one big one to go). I found a granite water bubbler fountain on clearance at a farm & home store. So I'll create another stone area there with the bubbler (humming birds love bubblers). I can wrap the electrical around the concrete edge to the right, under the stairs and porch to wire it into the electrical access. Also noted is that I need to add the porch and steps to the master list too: powerwash, clean, stain, seal. Ahh...it's neverending!
    This is so pretty! I bet if you ever wanted to do Airbnb you would have no trouble with bookings.

I can totally picture the new area you're describing and it sounds lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    This is so pretty! I bet if you ever wanted to do Airbnb you would have no trouble with bookings.

I can totally picture the new area you're describing and it sounds lovely.
    I have thought about turning the old glass studio into a rental for AirBnB. It's to the left of our house a glorified detatched barn garage with a cute little raised barn vent roof line. 24x30. We use to stay in a 1890's carriage garage in Eureka Springs that was only 10x20 back when they were just B&B's.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    These came in the mail today! (my camera takes terrible pics and I'm in a dark room so the pic is not doing these beauties justice).

I will post a better pic when I clear off my kitchen table, which will be their new home. Thanks Float! They are absolutely gorgeous.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I have thought about turning the old glass studio into a rental for AirBnB. It's to the left of our house a glorified detatched barn garage with a cute little raised barn vent roof line. 24x30. We use to stay in a 1890's carriage garage in Eureka Springs that was only 10x20 back when they were just B&B's.
    One of our best vacations was staying in a small cottage on a private property in Napa Valley. Your place reminds me of it. It was the most relaxing vacation ever. 24x30 sounds pretty big to me. I bet you could make it into a gorgeous little place for people wanting to spend time in nature without having to own a cabin themselves.

Thanks for photo proof!! Im glad you like them.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Marked another fall project off the list today -- City-Wide Cleanup. I spent six hours with others tossing chunks of concrete into one dumpster and appliances and tires onto a truck. In exchange, I got a mild sunburn and a free trip through the drop-off getting rid of the stuff we'd saved up for months because it just can't go in the trash. Mission accomplished.

Takeaways? People toss a lot of very usable items. I almost wanted to jump into the concrete dumpster after some perfectly good aggregate blocks someone dropped off. We could have used 'em. The scrap-metal guys were putting aside floor lamps, mostly-assembled bicycles, and other items for repair and reuse. And dehumidifiers for home use must be absolutely disposable; in just a couple of hours I alone must have put three dozen of those on the truck. They break and they can't be fixed for less than the cost buying a new one so... Appliances today are just junk unless you spend a small fortune on one..

I came home with an empty car. I wish I could have swept through my rental property and picked up some more stuff but it just has not been the year for getting completely ready for anything. But I have one more project/deadline done.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yay, Steve.

Geila
    Yesterday was a blah day. Even walking, swimming, and soaking in the jacuzzi didn't get me out of my funk. And I felt emotional and reactive with dh. I felt the first twinge of the SAD blues where life feels so exhausting all of a sudden. Not sure how to rally. I've been thinking that I should go to Home Depot and come home with some tinted primer for my kitchen walls and just shock my system out of the encroaching depressive feelings. I don't know if it will work though.

Every year I'm shocked at how these symptoms just come in full force out of nowhere.

And I'm kinda mad that they are making it difficult (nearly impossible?) for me to enjoy my life and the wonderful things available to me right now: beautiful weather, freedom to do whatever I want, my adorable pets, delicious food, etc.....

Yppej
    Geila have you tried antidepressants?

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Geila have you tried antidepressants?
    I've thought about it. I read an article a while back about the benefits of aerobic exercise and depression (I tried to find it to link, but couldn't). So I want to try that first. From what I remember, the benefits are most significant from an intense, sweaty, and sustained (about 45-min) workout.

Of course, this is just the kind of workout that feels impossible when you're feeling like just walking around the block is too much. But yesterday was a little bit better; a felt less tired and sleepy and I didn't have the emotional blues going on. And I think I might be able to muster up something today. This morning The Black Eyed Peas' My Humps was quite energizing!

Thread Information