Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgetting things constantly.........

I never can remember the name of Niles Crane's wife. Other than that, I'm pretty much OK.

Lilith? Bebe Neuworth, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Lilith? Bebe Neuworth, right?
    No, that was Frasier's ex--and I can remember that one.

Oh, shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I never can remember the name of Niles Crane's wife. Other than that, I'm pretty much OK.
    LOL..........there are certain names/words I can NEVER remember and I try to make associations with them, and sometimes that helps. Like capers.......forever I could NOT remember that word. If I just remember that it starts with "C", I can usually get it.
    Isn't Niles's wife the english girl that is Frazier's maid? Can't remember her name though. haha

When I used to have chickens, I'd close them up in the coop every night. But then once I got back in the house, I couldn't remember if I did or not, and it drove me crazy and I'd have to go back out and check. Then I started saying outloud what I was fixing for dinner.........roast beef/chicken parmesan/pizza/pasta, etc.,........and for some reason I could remember saying that and would know that I, indeed, had shut their door.

Sometimes I really have to talk slowly, in order to remember the words that come next. DH is even worse and it takes him 5 minutes sometimes to get a short bit of info out. I usually complete his sentences for him, to move it along.

Daphne was the dad's caretaker. She did marry Niles but wasn't he married to somebody else before or am I confusing him with Frasier?

Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Daphne was the dad's caretaker. She did marry Niles but wasn't he married to somebody else before or am I confusing him with Frasier?
    Yes, Niles and Daphne did marry in a later episode, but Niles was first married to Maris - whom we never saw.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

CathyA, I heard something a few years ago while listening to a TV news report about Alzheimer's. This really made sense and has stuck with me. The person gave this example: if you forget where you put your car keys, that is forgetfulness. If you don't know what they keys are for, that is Alzheimer's. Maybe not 100% accurate in the quote or the example holding true, but I found it a good distinction.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I struggle, when i forget something i really forget it. One year it was taxes, like no twinge at all that something was missing until a month later. Since it was a refund there was not a penalty. I can remember all 192 kids in my programs, most of their schedules. I have most of the parents and who they relate to, but parent names are not gonna happen. I tend to not get names quickly so i have work arounds to remind me, I have rosters for kids, i put photos of kids and notes in my work phone with family phone numbers. Outside of work I just give myself a minute and try not to panic, like when i run into someone in the grocery store. I am at a loss in the moment usually.

I write lots of lists, a lot of them, and have a system each school year to stay organized. I keep the checked off lists to track that i did my job. Still i goof up one thing every year, typically not minor, based on forgetting or being interrupted offen.

Thread Information