Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge settlements, to deter racial discrimination...

Huge settlements, to deter racial discrimination...

Well, the administration isn't admitting any wrong-doing, or even offering to change how they do things. So, no effect, other than to drain precious taxpayer dollars, state-wide. Yay....

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ll-pay-500000/

So, the professor who questioned the student's over zealousness, his wife, and the schools Student Conduct Officer are all either no longer with the school or have been moved to other positions, giving the students exactly what they wanted.

The $500K is just a fraction of the cost of a trial and damages the school would incur otherwise. It seems the new normal in academia is that the original bad behavior by the students will not only be tolerated, but rewarded.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

This is such a weird story. If I were a student and told to stay away because I was white, I would be suing the school myself. . .
    But it would probably happen--I was taking social work classes and the same sort of stuff was occurring.

I was shocked by this. Totally stupid to tell white people to leave.

I did not glean what Alan stated from the story linked.
    But I would expect they use this as an excuse to raise tuition and ask the students to get loans to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I did not glean what Alan stated from the story linked.
    The events leading up to the settlement have been in the news for months, you need to read more than one story to put it all together.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

This would seem to be a victory for the budding totalitarians of Evergreen State College.

Is there any reliable source out there that potential students and their parents can turn to for information on the degree of social justice warfare at the various institutions? Some might prefer to attend schools with lower probabilities of being censored, indoctrinated, harassed, railroaded on fake rape charges, "called out" for imagined racism,etc. I see enrollment at Mizzou has never recovered from their silliness, but that was very public.

We seem in this country to be obsessed with college rankings. I would think there would be a ready market for one that ranked schools by some sort of political correctness enforcement index.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The events leading up to the settlement have been in the news for months, you need to read more than one story to put it all together.
    How many months? Since June, I have been working extra with the bosses medical. Before that I was dealing with fundraisers for a LEO friend shot in the head. I've had a couple weeks relaxation, preparing for the other boss's expected medical issues and more months of OT. Only time to watch tv is after 10pm. (normally long after the news is over)
    My current events, deals with trying to get people well, and dealing with some house flippers who bought into the shared driveway, without taking more then a glance at the house (didn't realize shared driveway, gap in foundation, roof shingles gone so been raining in for almost two years, etc). No time for SJW.

Should have gotten much more. He will be limited where he can work now. He should have gotten enough to not worry about working again.

And I agree about the need for new college rankings. There are a few schools that are being affected now. Mizzou for one and UMSL is another due to Ferguson. Who would want to send their kids there now?

Thread Information