Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Donald Trump's threat to destroy North Korea during his UN speech?

I read the speech in the WaPo version with the highlighting.

North Korea has been lobbing missiles since at least 1993. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-15278612

Sanctions are fine, but bellicose chest beating from our side is not. If Kim Jong Un wants to engage in that kind of thing, the proper response is silence.

Williamsmith
    So rocket man has one less user friendly banker today than he had yesterday. Who is going to pay for those Ukrainian rocket engines?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    North Korea has been lobbing missiles since at least 1993. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-15278612

Sanctions are fine, but bellicose chest beating from our side is not. If Kim Jong Un wants to engage in that kind of thing, the proper response is silence.
    Sticking your head in the sand accomplishes the same thing and as an added bonus you don't have to watch them splash down.

North Korea has been lobbing missiles since at least 1993. .
    Are the missiles he is lobbing today similar in performance, accuracy, and payload to the ones he launched in 1993? Or do they improve in some significant quantitative or qualitative measures?

Are the potential payloads he could put aboard the missiles today the same as could be launched in 1993?

Could he nuke Seattle in 1993? Will he be able to in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Are the missiles he is lobbing today similar in performance, accuracy, and payload to the ones he launched in 1993? Or do they improve in some significant quantitative or qualitative measures?

Are the potential payloads he could put aboard the missiles today the same as could be launched in 1993?

Could he nuke Seattle in 1993? Will he be able to in 2018?
    There's a progression, of course. I'm sure he's well aware of what will follow if he decides to fire off a nuclear warhead. If not, let him try it. Or do you think we should lob a pre-emptive strike "just because?"

Trump reminds me of a petulant primate flinging feces around--except he's my representative on the world stage. And I can't wait for this reality show to be over.

Trump reminds me of a petulant primate flinging feces around--except he's my representative on the world stage. And I can't wait for this reality show to be over.
    Perfect analogy Jane!

Jane I totally agree with you. I can not wait for this soap opera to conclude. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What *should* Trump's response be to the Korean nuclear tests, and their ballistic missile overflights of Japan (an ally we are bound by treaty to defend), and their threats against the US mainland and Guam?
    Trump is a joke himself. He talks about "Rocket Man"... as someone here mentioned, perhaps we should call Trump .... "Tweet Boy"? He has absolutely no decorum and thinks by antagonizing N Korea ... that will make things better? I want a President that thinks before they speak.... instead of being such a "loose cannon". Will be happy when Trump is gone! He definitely is not an asset.

Thread Information