Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Making minimalism a deal breaker?

Plenty of new minimalists living in the areas hit by hurricanes, I'm sure.

Maybe you haven't found someone because you're not ready for a relationship yet. A mature, give/take relationship.

I know I'm not, and I'm OK with that. For now life is all about me. And the pets.

The writing is abysmal and the relationship is as realistic as sleeping beauty. Not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    Plenty of new minimalists living in the areas hit by hurricanes, I'm sure.
    Was there a minimalist convention there? If there was, I hope they're okay.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    Maybe you haven't found someone because you're not ready for a relationship yet. A mature, give/take relationship.

I know I'm not, and I'm OK with that. For now life is all about me. And the pets.
    What makes you think I am not ready for a "mature" or "give/take" relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    The writing is abysmal and the relationship is as realistic as sleeping beauty. Not relevant.
    I read 50 Shades because it was just so, so hugely popular with women in the US. I thought it would give me insights into the minds of women.

But I did not like the book for so many reasons. I did not find it erotic because I am a more egalitarian lover. I don't get into that dominance/rough stuff -- though I will say that the vast majority of women I have dated (even just a date or two) have told me that they like to be dominated and like it rough. Numerous female friends and acquaintances have confided in me the same thing -- they want it rough and like being dominated.
    These are women from all sorts of walks of life, income brackets, educational levels, etc.

It got to the point where I found it annoying, and even said to a few: "Yeah, yeah. That is really popular now, for some reason."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I read 50 Shades because it was just so, so hugely popular with women in the US. I thought it would give me insights into the minds of women.
    Bad choice there. It wasn't particularly popular with the kink/BDSM community, that's for sure...

Uh... I fell in love with a woman who was much smarter than me. She has a PhD in epidemiology from OSU, an MPH from University of Michigan, and a biology degree from University of North Carolina. She worked for the state doing research and now works at the CDC in Atlanta. She was an agnostic. She was frugal (even figured ways to get us into movies for free). She did not have a facebook. She was from Africa and spoke English and French (with a pretty accent!). She loved apocalyptic movies and books, just like I do. She was a world traveler having been all over Europe, Africa, and Latin America. She loved Indian food. She really liked Harlan too.

The last time I hung out with her, after a date night, we were snuggling on the couch and she kept saying: "UL, I really like you. I really, really like you. I like being with you and spending time with you. I just really like you!"

And then...
    She sounds lovely--Epidemiology! I used to subscribe to the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, hoping to spot trends...I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Uh... I fell in love with a woman who was much smarter than me. She has a PhD in epidemiology from OSU, an MPH from University of Michigan, and a biology degree from University of North Carolina. She worked for the state doing research and now works at the CDC in Atlanta. She was an agnostic. She was frugal (even figured ways to get us into movies for free). She did not have a facebook. She was from Africa and spoke English and French (with a pretty accent!). She loved apocalyptic movies and books, just like I do. She was a world traveler having been all over Europe, Africa, and Latin America. She loved Indian food. She really liked Harlan too.

The last time I hung out with her, after a date night, we were snuggling on the couch and she kept saying: "UL, I really like you. I really, really like you. I like being with you and spending time with you. I just really like you!"

And then...
    and then what WHAt?.!!!

we want the rest of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    She sounds lovely--Epidemiology! I used to subscribe to the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, hoping to spot trends...I'm sorry it didn't work out.
    She was lovely. Being around her made me swoon.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    and then what WHAt?.!!!

we want the rest of that story.
    Then she said: "UL, I want to have your babies."

But I did not like the book for so many reasons. I did not find it erotic because I am a more egalitarian lover. I don't get into that dominance/rough stuff -- though I will say that the vast majority of women I have dated (even just a date or two) have told me that they like to be dominated and like it rough. Numerous female friends and acquaintances have confided in me the same thing -- they want it rough and like being dominated.
    These are women from all sorts of walks of life, income brackets, educational levels, etc.

It got to the point where I found it annoying, and even said to a few: "Yeah, yeah. That is really popular now, for some reason."
    Yikes! It never occurred to me to read that. I'm amazed that anyone did; its reputation (poorly written, plot-free, etc.) proceeded it. Your experience surprises me.

Thread Information