Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Making minimalism a deal breaker?

Apparently you weren't willing to yield either so she drew the line on what she'd accept as your compromise. Sorry. Have you tried this site yet? It claims it's the best for minimalists....https://www.meetmindful.com/minimali...our-soulmate/#
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Apparently you weren't willing to yield either so she drew the line on what she'd accept as your compromise. Sorry. Have you tried this site yet? It claims it's the best for minimalists....https://www.meetmindful.com/minimali...our-soulmate/#
    Interesting link. I read the article. The part about being lovable without distortion was especially intriguing.

I wonder if a person has a finite number of break-ups they are emotionally equipped to go through before they are "relationship broken?"

There is no set number, but it likely has a cost and is not be free. Or in any area of life where we begin with sincere hopes, it does get harder to keep picking ourselves up again and again from the letdown.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I think the longer people live alone the more set they become in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    There is no set number, but it likely has a cost and is not be free. Or in any area of life where we begin with sincere hopes, it does get harder to keep picking ourselves up again and again from the letdown.
    I feel like I just don't have the fuel in the tank to break up with anyone ever again. I feel tapped out. Now, if someone breaks up with me, I can cope pretty well. My heart mends.

But having to hurt someone else's feelings with a break up... that uses all my grit and willpower. And I am getting too old for this sh*t!

Whereas when I was young and I met someone who I thought had potential I would just work diligently at changing them (sometimes with good results, sometimes with not good results).

As I get older, I find myself not trying to change someone I am incompatible with but rather I find myself figuring out ways to live my life around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I think the longer people live alone the more set they become in their ways.
    I can mostly agree with you on this.

Thread Information