Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: facial moisturizers for 68 year old with rosecea

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    dairy. dairy is the worst.
    I was about to respond to this - if the issue is coming from the inside, slapping chemicals on your face is not going to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Burt's Bees Night Cream. Organic and fabulous!
    Could you please tell us which one it is that you like? It looks like there are several varieties to choose from.

IL, This is the first summer I have had this itchy skin. Mainly my forehead - I used Aveeno today and yesterday-sample from the dermatologist and it's not itching now.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Could you please tell us which one it is that you like? It looks like there are several varieties to choose from.
    Radiance with Royal Jelly

Thanks, Gardnr. I'm looking for a new moisturizer and I might just give it a try.

I have know a couple who both have orthopedic issues, she, her knees, he, a shoulder injury from work. They have been making and consuming bone broth (chicken) for about a month and are saying their pain is gone. Also, to the point of this thread, both now have soft, glowing skin!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Does everyone really need moisterizer?

i use none on my face and use it elsewhere only when it is dry, usually only in winter months.
    Yes, some do. My skin is very dry and especially my face will be dry, tight and uncomfortable without moisturizer. It has been this way since my teens, so not some rebound thing I started doing in middle age and now am addicted to.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I too have had bouts with rosecea even to the point of going to a dermatologists a few years ago. I haven't had a flare up in a long time and the one thing I noticed that I have changed is what I wash my face in. I use Noxzema facial cleanser and I am wondering if that has made a difference. I have switched moisturizers many times but always looking for something for sensitive skin, but the difference happened after I had been using Noxzema for awhile. I also recall that when I was a teenager and fighting facial breaking out, I tried all the stuff geared toward us then, (Stridex comes to mind), and nothing really helped until I started using Noxzema. Then it was in a big blue glass jar and it felt so good to wash my face in it.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I've never used anything on my face consistently, and it seems to be holding up OK. I had rosacea for awhile at midlife, but it seemed to clear up when I stopped eating wheat. I'm not bothered by dry skin, as I eat a high-fat diet and drink plenty of fluids.

FWIW I don't have much rosacea, but I was noticing my face was burning the other day and it does SOMETIMES, it's not the first time. I did go out in the sun kind of midday that day and I know that it is possibly for me to burn in this soCal sun so it may have just been I scorched myself a bit. But also I had been eating yogurt that afternoon and I know dairy just does a number on causing auto-immune symptoms for me (but I don't give it up entirely because uh I'm weak), so I highly suspect there is a connection there.

Wheat I don't eat a lot of and in moderation it's always seemed harmless to me (I'm not so sure it's harmless in quantity as large quantities seem to cause me joint pain, but a sandwich a week or something isn't going to cause me symptoms - no not even if I add a cookie :P). Dairy seems far more toxic than wheat in causing immediate symptoms from just small amounts for me (if I do dairy I do best on that which is just almost pure fat like cheese, if I start eating other dairy that has more protein and lactose I really suffer), so I don't know why people make a bigger deal out of avoiding wheat and yet think dairy is health food or something. But listen to your own body of course.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information