Thread: Gift for my CSA farmers?

Gift for my CSA farmers?

My favorite permiculturists/farmers are getting married!! They are a young couple that started this farm and they have done amazing things in the community in terms of providing good, organic food raised biodynamically, and also providing a place and platform for community.

We have known them for 4 years and we want to give them a real gift (as opposed to money). Any suggestions? They are building yurts to live in, and they are truly not into "stuff." Any thoughts?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My go-to gift for these sorts of occasions is a high-quality Laguiole corkscrew.

They are beautiful, functional, will last a lifetime or more, and will get used. They don't take up much space. They are available in a variety of materials.

https://www.laguiole-imports.com/col...sic-corkscrews

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My go-to gift for these sorts of occasions is a high-quality Laguiole corkscrew.

They are beautiful, functional, will last a lifetime or more, and will get used. They don't take up much space. They are available in a variety of materials.

https://www.laguiole-imports.com/col...sic-corkscrews
    That's actually a great idea. I love that you can get it personalized. Thanks for the suggestion!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Every time I pick up the one my Dad got me years ago, I have a brief moment as my hand grasps it where a feeling comes over me "this is a *nice* tool". It's hard to explain unless you have a zen thing going on with tools, but some tools just feel right.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Every time I pick up the one my Dad got me years ago, I have a brief moment as my hand grasps it where a feeling comes over me "this is a *nice* tool". It's hard to explain unless you have a zen thing going on with tools, but some tools just feel right.
    I feel the same way about my Glock. But I wouldn t recommend it as a gift to a yurt dweller. Actually, my life just expanded...I didn't know what a yurt was.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I feel the same way about my Glock. But I wouldn t recommend it as a gift to a yurt dweller. Actually, my life just expanded...I didn't know what a yurt was.
    A Glock was not on my short list. Especially since if I got one, I wouldn't know which end was up. However, in NJ where deer habitats have been decimated, they could always use it to punish the deer that peek inside their yurt. I've actually eaten venison that was local to their property and which they butchered themselves.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    A Glock was not on my short list. Especially since if I got one, I wouldn't know which end was up. However, in NJ where deer habitats have been decimated, they could always use it to punish the deer that peek inside their yurt. I've actually eaten venison that was local to their property and which they butchered themselves.
    Well, then that opens up a whole new set of possibilities!

Williamsmith
    Coul someone living in a yurt and practicing permaculture and farming.....use a high quality portable inverter generator. I think so.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...enerators.html

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Coul someone living in a yurt and practicing permaculture and farming.....use a high quality portable inverter generator. I think so.
    We use a lot of the Honda EU ones, and they are great.

So call me weird. ASK them what they would find useful in their new life together.

Thread Information