Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Now taking a knee a big polo all deal

Yeah.

Divide and conquer, straight from the Obama playbook. Has no one been paying attention the last 8 1/2 years? And what do the players think that they will achieve?

The owners are paying them and if they are ok with it, fine. I'll just watch something else, and no more money for NFL merchandise. I don't buy it for myself, but have for presents.

I'm not sure what to think of all of this. Trump is so crazy, I can't believe he was elected. I think Trump could have said things in a better way.......like he knows everyone has the right to express their opinion and he appreciates the non-violent way they did it, but he's still disappointed. But we know Trump and how he loves to create conflict, then step back and get high, watching the fighting.
    As far as dmc's comment about Obama dividing and conquering.......I don't think he did that at all, but it was a response from the right wing against just having a black president and their fears of what that might mean to the U.S. (whites, in general).....and it took off into other areas. Then the left had to react more, etc., etc., etc. and the pendulum swings out of control.....

Perspective. I think we need perspective. This has become such a big ('polo' - I like that) deal. Sure is nice that we (as a nation) can worry, debate, spit and sputter about such an issue whereas many in the world are simply concerned with whether they will live to eat another day. This too will pass.

I consider sports figures to be the most irrelevant creatures on the planet and cannot fathom why anyone cares what they do, but I'm clearly a minority opinion in the good old USA.
    I'm on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Fights are part of the on-ice stuff.

You don't tend to get the criminal behavior, domestic violence, and all-around stupid behavior you often see with NFL and NBA players. Let alone the political BS from whiny millionaire players who don't seem to get how privileged they are.

Thugs are gonna thug. Canadian farm boys don't seem to get into the criminal behavior much.
    I guess that's why the NHL instituted mandatory sexual assault training?

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/1/...sault-training

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    His point was that he simply exploited existing divisions, rather than create them, which I find plausible enough here in my world.
    You have a short memory of when Trump was campaigning and said he would pay attorney fees for those hitting others. FIRST example that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You have a short memory of when Trump was campaigning and said he would pay attorney fees for those hitting others. FIRST example that comes to mind.
    Once again, the original point was not that Mr. Trump is an innocent lamb. The point was that all those nasty buttons he's pushing today were wired up for him by decades of identity politics and elite neglect. He did not spring fully formed from the aether as our new Ogre-in-Chief; he is the result of larger political forces. Bad as he may be, he is more creation than creator of our present sad situation.

Obama was about bringing the country together unlike the Orange One who wants to rip it apart. I saw an interview with Hilary who said she has trusted every other President to do what they thought was best no matter what party until now.

Has our Blabbermouth in Chief bothered to express any concern for Puerto Rico or any of the other islands ravaged by Maria? Or is still too busy berating black athletes?

Thread Information