Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Now taking a knee a big polo all deal

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    This morning Trump tweeted how great it was that NASCAR drivers and crews did not partake in the protest. Well duh, they are a 99% white group.
    Actually he tweeted how great it was that NASCAR will slam anyone who does partake in the protest.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That being said, hockey is an esthetically superior sport to football or basketball, but not to baseball.
    Lacrosse is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Has our Blabbermouth in Chief bothered to express any concern for Puerto Rico or any of the other islands ravaged by Maria? Or is still too busy berating black athletes?
    He has, but there are juicier tidbits available for the mediacracy to offer up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Lacrosse is the way to go.
    Lacrosse Wisconsin for Octoberfest, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Has our Blabbermouth in Chief bothered to express any concern for Puerto Rico or any of the other islands ravaged by Maria? Or is still too busy berating black athletes?
    I have friends and relatives in the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. It's "not good" there now.

I'm glad our President has his Tweeting priorities straight...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...=.bd2b8ff322ec

None have benefitted more from the exploitation of patriotism than the Coaches, Players and Owners of the NFL. They marketed it and all of the pieces of the marketing were provided absolutely free. Flyovers, displays of flags, honoring symbols of patriotism....have all been done to gin up the fan base.
    well actually of course they were paid by the defense department for all this, so yes they did pocket the money, but it wasn't all about sales and capitalizing on patriotism to boost sales so much as about directly taking defense department money, a far more direct route.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/09/...tary-tributes/

woah be to the person who just wants to watch a baseball game or something because they like the sport, and forget about politics and patriotism for the most part for awhile. It's all this baseball game has been brought to you by the letters D.O.D. now stand for several patriotic tributes with fighter jets and songs and etc.. (I think there may have always been some of this patriotic grandstanding in some sports, however clearly taking it to such a deafening volume was D.O.D. sponsored, we know that much).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    He has, but there are juicier tidbits available for the mediacracy to offer up right now.
    There's only so much that can be written about one tweet that was issued five days ago.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I have friends and relatives in the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. It's "not good" there now.

I'm glad our President has his Tweeting priorities straight...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...=.bd2b8ff322ec
    Well, the same news outlets were bashing people who live in coastal areas like Houston and Florida for expecting the rest of the country to rush to their aid ......I seem to recall. FEMA has yet to pay my son a visit in Houston and Harvey was before Irma was before Maria......take a number and have a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    ..take a number and have a seat.
    I did, some time ago. My technical rescue team is on-deck for deployment on short-notice. Self-deployment is frowned upon in these sorts of situations.

I struggle to see what is so disrespectful about kneeling instead of standing for the national anthem. From the first time a player knelt for the anthem, I was impressed with the action.

Kneeling can be a sign of respect. Kneeling instead of standing says, I won't disrespect the flag, but I am not happy with the current state of affairs in my country.

No one is burning the flag, spitting on it or otherwise disrespecting it. The kneelers are respectful, but making it clear that they disagree with the racial politics currently in play.

Frankly, I thought it was a pretty smart move--respectful and defiant at the same time. I'm just sorry that the guy who knelt first can't get a job anymore.

Thread Information