Thread: All Fishermen are Liars by John Gierach

All Fishermen are Liars by John Gierach

Thanks to Williamsmith I picked up this author. I thoroughly enjoyed his humor, descriptions of fly fishing and the places he fished. I do not fly fish, but his stories are well told and entertaining. It reminds me of Appalachian Trail diaries where the author does the same thing every day and yet I find it fascinating. I don't hike either. Thanks Williamsmith.

Williamsmith
    You will like all his titles equally well. I do most of my reading the winter months in front of my fireplace. I am glad one recommendation made a difference. It is good to be able to laugh at ones life.

I first thought this book might be by the same author as a book a friend of mine talked about so much, but after looking it up they are not by the same author. However I will link here in case either of you might be interested as it seemed to have made a huge impression on my friend. http://https://www.amazon.com/Trout-Fishing-America-Richard-Brautigan/dp/B002EET6PA
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

John Gierach is from around here and many of his fishing adventures are not too far way. He's a bit of a cult idol among some of the fly fishermen I know. I haven't read that book, but have read maybe half of all his books. He is a great story teller.

Thread Information