Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you get your photos printed?

I have maybe a dozen pictures on my phone. No actual prints in years. I am ok with that as I do not look at old pictures.

No prints here. I take dozens of pictures everywhere I go, upload the best few to Facebook, back everything up to dropbox, download them from Dropbox onto my laptop where they get sorted by event or type. That folder gets backed up to an external hard drive once a month. At random times I will change my screen backgrounds on various devices to my favorites among the new photos. The vast majority of,pictures that I stake never get looked at by anyone but me.

I love photography and I have photobooks made from our vacations. I figure when I'm riddled with dementia I can look back on them and remember my travels.

I have a collection of photo prints in albums from the film days. I actually get them out a time or two times a year, sometimes on snowy evenings, and go through all of them. As far as keepsake photos go now, I don't print any of them from the digital files. I am fairly good at editing and organizing the digital files. I back them up a couple of times a year on external drives. I have a large capacity flash drive that fits neatly in my safety deposit box kept at the bank. I update that with photos and any important documents occasionally.

Walgreen's has a service where you can download photo files to their website and create printed photobooks. I've used this for special vacations and excursions, mainly as gifts for my grandson when we do special things together. Last winter we went to OMSI (science museum) where they had a Lego artist's exhibit ---it was incredible--I had taken a lost of photos with the grandson in them with exhibit pieces. I got the photos made into a book and gave it to him as a keepsake. He also has one of a train trip we took. So I guess I'm saying I print ones I want to keep as keepsakes, and this service binds them all together into a nice product.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information