Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea now saying that the US has declared war.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

North Korea now saying that the US has declared war.....

Color me very world weary today. Worked long hours the past few days and have a day offf today and went online to catch up on what's going on beyond the texts and voicemails I've gotten from friends and neighbors and activists in the 85006 and ran across an article on yahoo.com that really depresses me - to the effect that North Korea is now claiming that the US has declared war.

Thoughts? What I am afraid of now is that there is no real room for either "leader" to save face and that millions upon millions of innocent people may perish. Rob

It’s been a long time since I studied US History but I remember learning that although North Korea signed the armistice ending the hostilities of the Korean Conflict, they withdrew from the agreement several times, therefore, in essence the Korean Conflict (War) continues in the mind of North Korea. This is nothing new but it appears to be escalating.

North Korea claims a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Color me very world weary today. Worked long hours the past few days and have a day offf today and went online to catch up on what's going on beyond the texts and voicemails I've gotten from friends and neighbors and activists in the 85006 and ran across an article on yahoo.com that really depresses me - to the effect that North Korea is now claiming that the US has declared war.

Thoughts? What I am afraid of now is that there is no real room for either "leader" to save face and that millions upon millions of innocent people may perish. Rob
    Given the long, long history of overheated rhetoric and violent incidents, what do you find so uniquely terrifying about the present situation?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Given the long, long history of overheated rhetoric and violent incidents, what do you find so uniquely terrifying about the present situation?
    prior presidents tended to be much less reactive dealing with foreign countries and had a much more measured tone. Prior presidents seemed to listen to their advisors. Prior presidents did not call people names like losers, crooked, rocket man, sons of bitches that heats up tensions and almost invites them to respond. And this time the other side not only seems unstable, but has fervently been working on weapons that could cause a lot of death and destruction to our allies.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the fact that our country is being led by a man who has no idea what he's doing and shoots off his mouth (or Tweets) inappropriately and non-stop, and who doesn't appear to pay the least attention to the qualified adults who have been drafted to try to talk him down--that makes me worried, if not terrified. We haven't had such an unqualified, reckless, undisciplined, and I believe stupid person in charge in my memory, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the fact that our country is being led by a man who has no idea what he's doing and shoots off his mouth (or Tweets) inappropriately and non-stop, and who doesn't appear to pay the least attention to the qualified adults who have been drafted to try to talk him down--that makes me worried, if not terrified. We haven't had such an unqualified, reckless, undisciplined, and I believe stupid person in charge in my memory, if ever.
    I could not agree with you more, Jane, and I am worried and from time to time bordering on terrified over this.....I am hoping of course that cooler heads prevail but I also understand that we have hotheads as "leaders" on both sides of this equation. How this is going to end or resolve is anyone's guess at this point.......though I do find it ironic in case of the worst case scenario all that prepping I've done to be able to run with two bags packed will not matter one iota...........Rob

What’s your worst-case scenario, Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What’s your worst-case scenario, Rob?
    Nuclear annihilation. If not for the entire planet, at least parts of it - and then if it's not the entire planet, there is the fallout factor to worry about. Not a pleasant thing to think of......but I can see the potential here given the hothead we have as chief executive and given the hothead "leading" North Korea. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't understand how so many people can feel this way, but no one is pushing to oust him. Is it only because he hasn't done anything "illegal"........even though he's trying hard to ruin us?

Thread Information