Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea now saying that the US has declared war.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Given the long, long history of overheated rhetoric and violent incidents, what do you find so uniquely terrifying about the present situation?
    Honest answer? Donald Trump's ego and my belief he's not especially mentally stable. I don't mean he's about to start wandering the streets with a bottle of Thunderbird, but rather I believe he's more than a bit of a narcisist with a strong need to have the last word and to "win" at all costs. My take is that things are enough of a powder keg already......can we afford to add Donald Trump's issues to the mix? Obviously he won the election so his imprint is in this like it or not.....but can the lives of millions of innocent people afford this? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    prior presidents tended to be much less reactive dealing with foreign countries and had a much more measured tone. Prior presidents seemed to listen to their advisors. Prior presidents did not call people names like losers, crooked, rocket man, sons of bitches that heats up tensions and almost invites them to respond. And this time the other side not only seems unstable, but has fervently been working on weapons that could cause a lot of death and destruction to our allies.
    I very much agree with your take. You have said what I would like to a level or two the flashing red lights of my post but still very much got your point - and it's a very good and perseptive one in my book - across. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Given the long, long history of overheated rhetoric and violent incidents, what do you find so uniquely terrifying about the present situation?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the fact that our country is being led by a man who has no idea what he's doing and shoots off his mouth (or Tweets) inappropriately and non-stop, and who doesn't appear to pay the least attention to the qualified adults who have been drafted to try to talk him down--that makes me worried, if not terrified. We haven't had such an unqualified, reckless, undisciplined, and I believe stupid person in charge in my memory, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but the fact that our country is being led by a man who has no idea what he's doing and shoots off his mouth (or Tweets) inappropriately and non-stop, and who doesn't appear to pay the least attention to the qualified adults who have been drafted to try to talk him down--that makes me worried, if not terrified. We haven't had such an unqualified, reckless, undisciplined, and I believe stupid person in charge in my memory, if ever.
    I could not agree with you more, Jane, and I am worried and from time to time bordering on terrified over this.....I am hoping of course that cooler heads prevail but I also understand that we have hotheads as "leaders" on both sides of this equation. How this is going to end or resolve is anyone's guess at this point.......though I do find it ironic in case of the worst case scenario all that prepping I've done to be able to run with two bags packed will not matter one iota...........Rob

What’s your worst-case scenario, Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't understand how so many people can feel this way, but no one is pushing to oust him. Is it only because he hasn't done anything "illegal"........even though he's trying hard to ruin us?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What’s your worst-case scenario, Rob?
    Nuclear annihilation. If not for the entire planet, at least parts of it - and then if it's not the entire planet, there is the fallout factor to worry about. Not a pleasant thing to think of......but I can see the potential here given the hothead we have as chief executive and given the hothead "leading" North Korea. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Nuclear annihilation. If not for the entire planet, at least parts of it - and then if it's not the entire planet, there is the fallout factor to worry about. Not a pleasant thing to think of......but I can see the potential here given the hothead we have as chief executive and given the hothead "leading" North Korea. Rob
    How many nuclear weapons and delivery devices do you think the North Koreans have?

Or are you expecting the Chinese to launch everything?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I don't understand how so many people can feel this way, but no one is pushing to oust him. Is it only because he hasn't done anything "illegal"........even though he's trying hard to ruin us?
    Something about "the rule of law" I think. You can't "oust" a sitting President legally without some serious process involved.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    "Justice, though moving slowly, seldom fails to overtake the wicked"~Horace, Odes, (23 BC)

Bob Mueller and his team will sink this vessel, I'm sure of it. Unless, of course, Congress somehow stops them.

Thread Information