Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: North Korea now saying that the US has declared war.....

  1. #21
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,706
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "Justice, though moving slowly, seldom fails to overtake the wicked"~Horace, Odes, (23 BC)

    Bob Mueller and his team will sink this vessel, I'm sure of it. Unless, of course, Congress somehow stops them.
    ὀψε θɛῷν ἀλέουσίμύλοί, ἀλέουσί δε λɛρṯά - Sextus Empiricus

    Which I render as "The mills of the gods are slow, but grind finely."

    Here's to some tasty fine-grain flour for our baking needs!

  2. #22
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "Justice, though moving slowly, seldom fails to overtake the wicked"~Horace, Odes, (23 BC)

    Bob Mueller and his team will sink this vessel, I'm sure of it. Unless, of course, Congress somehow stops them.
    Jane, you truly have faith that they will sink this vessel? I respect your opinion so I'm going to try to have some faith. At this point it's beyond wearing an outfit and waving a flag for me - with the amplification of tensions with North Korea......I see the vessel being sunk as a potential gift to the continuance of the human race. Much more important than my put together outfit for an impeachment. Rob

  3. #23
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Jane, you truly have faith that they will sink this vessel? I respect your opinion so I'm going to try to have some faith. At this point it's beyond wearing an outfit and waving a flag for me - with the amplification of tensions with North Korea......I see the vessel being sunk as a potential gift to the continuance of the human race. Much more important than my put together outfit for an impeachment. Rob
    Like you I wish this would be over sooner rather than later so that he will stop destroying this country one national park or vulnerable population at a time. But just as mother nature doesn't ask me what weather I'd like each morning, Mueller doesn't operate on anyone's timeline but his own. If there's a there there, which I am pretty convinced there is, he will present it when it is fully developed and ready to be presented. On a side note, after this weekend I'm thinking about buying a Steelers jersey for my impeachment party. I wonder if I can pick my player name and number. If I can I'll pick FU 45.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    300
    Well at 4am I scanned the headlines and no Boom last night, I walked the dogs/ That is what is has come to for me.

  5. #25
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Well at 4am I scanned the headlines and no Boom last night, I walked the dogs/ That is what is has come to for me.
    It's 4:34 AM right now and I've just gotten up and started coffee for my SO and am about to scan the headlines online.....and no boom overnight, and my cats are well and right now things are quiet and calm. I am grateful for this moment in time regardless of what the rest of the day holds.......crossing my fingers and hoping for the best with whatever happens between Trump and North Korea. Rob

  6. #26
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Like you I wish this would be over sooner rather than later so that he will stop destroying this country one national park or vulnerable population at a time. But just as mother nature doesn't ask me what weather I'd like each morning, Mueller doesn't operate on anyone's timeline but his own. If there's a there there, which I am pretty convinced there is, he will present it when it is fully developed and ready to be presented. On a side note, after this weekend I'm thinking about buying a Steelers jersey for my impeachment party. I wonder if I can pick my player name and number. If I can I'll pick FU 45.
    Jerseys really are not my style but I have to say I like your idea anyway LOL LOL LOL. Rob

  7. #27
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,012
    I would like to get a "Dump Trump" bumper sticker, but I'm afraid my car would be vandalized. haha

  8. #28
    Senior Member Williamsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Penns Woods
    Posts
    2,260
    I learned a little bit about North Korea from this Tedtalk video by Suki Kim. Whatever the range of emotions are toward our current President, it doesn't change the situation that exists within that country. Perhaps North Korea has a lesson for the world. Perhaps we shouldn't make gods of our elected officials because they are flawed humans as all of us are.

    https://youtu.be/6weGCM3sWKc

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Perhaps we shouldn't make gods of our elected officials because they are flawed humans as all of us are.

    https://youtu.be/6weGCM3sWKc
    Or demons.

    North Korea has been "declaring war" on every alternate Tuesday since the early fifties. When your people are starving while your neighbors prosper, that's what you do to keep the dynasty going. You need a Great Satan to "protect" your subjects from. Trump works out pretty well for Kim in that respect. Pretty much every US president has said an attack would result in annihilation for the attacker. Trump just did that in cruder terms than most.

    Trump also makes a pretty good Great Satan for the American left. They've been in the Great Satan business at least since Reagan. But suppose the GOP dumps Trump in the 2020 primary season in favor or a more traditional, more sane, more Republican candidate? What will the breathless media, the street crusaders and the Hollywood award shows have to work with? Go full Bernie on entitlements? Revive a neo-Clintonian meretricious meritocracy claim? Double down on identity politics?

    I think if the GOP is smart, they'll run the dullest no-drama candidate they can find. A modern Coolidge, if they're lucky enough to find one. After the Obama and Trump personality cults, I think Americans will be ready to be bored by politics.

  10. #30
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,284
    I don't think there are many "more sane, more Republican" candidates left--or I might vote for one of them. If there were any, the Tea Party scuttled them.

    All politics are "identity politics"--but if you're a one percenter, and your identity is "rich white men," you can buy whole swaths of the government, as have the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson. And who can forget that old obstructionist, Grover Norquist. A pox on all of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •