Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Critique my dating profile!

Yppej
    Many people will pay more attention to your profile picture(s) than to any verbiage of yours.

I don't think it helps you that there are those buttons to select for children, atheism, and drinking. It probably works like any other search engine on they have to filter out those things or filter them in, and most people won't bother to do that.

I would weave them into your profile itself, since you feel so strongly about them. Heck, lead off with them, because you are likely to dislike or reject anyone who believes in God, wants kids, or drinks--so why not get it into the profile. Plus something like Country Boy or whatever it makes people think of country music and country music values, which tend to involve God, family (kids) and drinking beer. So you may be inadvertently signaling you want those things --spell out that you don't.

The pics I have on the profile are a few from my trip to the Middle East, one going fishing, and other of just Harlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I don't think it helps you that there are those buttons to select for children, atheism, and drinking. It probably works like any other search engine on they have to filter out those things or filter them in, and most people won't bother to do that.

I would weave them into your profile itself, since you feel so strongly about them. Heck, lead off with them, because you are likely to dislike or reject anyone who believes in God, wants kids, or drinks--so why not get it into the profile. Plus something like Country Boy or whatever it makes people think of country music and country music values, which tend to involve God, family (kids) and drinking beer. So you may be inadvertently signaling you want those things --spell out that you don't.
    It actually states very clearly and openly in the profile that I am teetotal, atheist, and don't want kids. But it is a block section just to the side of what I wrote. It is plain as day.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post

+1

I was just thinking how hard it would be for me to just walk around with a survey and find a woman who doesn't believe in God, doesn't want kids and doesn't drink! What a combo. And that's just starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    +1

I was just thinking how hard it would be for me to just walk around with a survey and find a woman who doesn't believe in God, doesn't want kids and doesn't drink! What a combo. And that's just starters.
    I didn't want kids, I have non-traditional spiritual beliefs--can take or leave God, and feel the same way about alcohol. But I have no desire to live a spartan existence with (fill in the blank) possessions, and have endless pointless conversations about why I believe as I do. Also, though I don't mind dogs, I prefer cats. So I'm guessing candidates would be whittled down to nothing in no time, given all the restrictions, stated and non-stated.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I didn't want kids, I have non-traditional spiritual beliefs--can take or leave God, and feel the same way about alcohol. But I have no desire to live a spartan existence with (fill in the blank) possessions, and have endless pointless conversations about why I believe as I do. Also, though I don't mind dogs, I prefer cats. So I'm guessing candidates would be whittled down to nothing in no time, given all the restrictions, stated and non-stated.
    I must be the most unique snowflake in the world!

Did you ever search hat song? It starts out with his mom telling him when he's a kid that there is only one girl in the world for him and she probably lives in Tahiti.

How about reframing your text so you talk about what you have to offer?

Women love men who are good listeners, for example. But check with a couple of women friends first on your listening skills - most people who think they are good listeners are lousy at it.

Good luck!

Thread Information