Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puerto Rico

There's very little left of Internet infrastructure there, per Mayor Cruz, so we'll probably only get bits and pieces.

Meanwhile, Trump continues his Twitter assault on the people of San Juan. They should just fix this problem themselves; what's wrong with them, he tweets:

President Donald Trump on Saturday attacked leaders in the hurricane-ravaged U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, tweeting that “they want everything done for them when it should be a community effort.”

Sometimes, I can't even find the words...

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Where is General Honore' when you need him.
    Doing commentary on cable TV about the need to ramp up the efforts in PR. He said today they have 80 helicopters and they need at least 150 for medical evacuations.

This is just shameful. They are Americans. I'm not saying that in an arrogant way......what I mean is, they are no different than the rest of on the mainland, and Alaska and Hawaii. I was proud of the mayor when she told it like it is.

Isn't it just like Trump to say how great everything is going there? It's even worse than when Bush said "Good job Brownie!" (Katrina).
    Sometimes (actually all the time), I think that if they opened up Trump's head or chest, they would only find nuts and bolts and gears, and burnt wires.

Excuses like "but it's 1,000 miles away" just doesn't hold up. And when all those cargo containers sat there with no drivers.............uh..........WE have drivers, right??! And if roads were impassable........couldn't helicopters drop food and water in?
    What a total mess. And I continue to be totally aghast, when our "president" says everything is 'wonderful, the best.....you wouldn't believe how great everything is'.......when it's total shit. He needs to be institutionalized, at best.

When will that huge "Comfort" floating hospital get there? That would be such a help.

It really is shameful what is going on. The rest of you have said it better than I can.

The news I've seen and heard says one big problem is that they have fuel tanker trucks and trucks with supplies lined up, but no one to drive them. I was thinking a couple hundred U.S. forces with big truck skills could sure help. Trump is certain to blame someone else when things don't go right, so that is no surprise. You never know if he might be crying wolf.

I've been passing emergency radio messages the past few days, in support of the first wave of radio operators who are there now. I'll likely go over in 3 or 6 weeks' time for a 3 week shift on-island if they need me still, unless I'm deployed with another group to do USAR work.

It doesn't sound very good in PR from the communications I am receiving. My concern is the lack of water, sanitation, and the horrible hazmat situation that the flooding has caused. If it's not addressed promptly, there could be a lot more casualties. Some of the sites I have contacted are still off-the-grid, both electrical and transportation-wise, and are hurting badly.

Well, it looks like Puerto Rico was doing fine all along, and there were few injuries, and it's all good.

I am so relieved.

3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 13, 2018
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/polit...oll/index.html

Just when you thought he couldn’t get anymore ridiculous!

Williamsmith
    What’s the military doing with their 892 Billion budget? Maybe they could deliver a few cases of water? If they got the time.

Thread Information