Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-purposing things

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    I think it would be nice to just display. If you have open shelving in the kitchen, or maybe atop the cabinets, or somewhere it could be seen. Maybe make a little group of some other pretty display items like interesting bottles (wine?), a plant etc.
    This is a nice suggestion, and I've tried it, but my kitchen shelving is already a bit too cluttered as is.

I'm going to use it as a planter to create a gift for my MIL. She admired one of the plants I have in a pot, so I'm going to start one in the tin for her and give it to her as a gift. She loves interesting things, so I think this will make her very happy. And recently she has started to shift from heavy garden pots to lighter ones, so this will fit the bill perfectly. The second can (it comes in a 2 pack), I will make into a birdhouse for her (she has a birdhouse collection.) Or maybe, we can make the birdhouse together. That would be fun.

Thanks for all the ideas guys!

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Since you want to use this in a sewing room, your going to need scissors, and things to mark stuff, etc. What about something like those DIY knife blocks, that contain bamboo skewers and allow you to push/place items in them and keep them supported up top?
    I did see those on pinterest and that might work if I put the tin on its side. The only thing is that then the artwork on the tin would not be visible anymore, which is my favorite part. Thanks though!

Geila
    I realized it sounds like I'm dumping my stuff on my MIL. But she likes stuff - her favorite sayings are Minimalism is Overrated, and More is Better. She's also fond of Whoever Dies With the Most Toys Wins! She has lots of curated collections.

And she knows that she can get rid of anything I give her and it won't bother me.

I would probably take tin snips and cut the front off and frame it or use in assemblage collage.

Geila
    Ah, tin snips! I was wondering how I was going to cut that thing. Thanks pinkytoe!

Thread Information