View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 - 43" beige - for 2 cats

1 25.00%
  • #2 - 41" dark gray - for single cat

1 25.00%
  • #3 - 56" dark gray - for single cat

1 25.00%
  • #4 - 43" dark gray - for 2 cats

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat Tree - you get to vote!

Geila

Cat Tree - you get to vote!

Now that my two cats are co-existing in the house, I'm thinking of getting them a cat tree. Costco has several models for reasonable prices. (link attached). I'm wondering if I should get them one to share or each their own. I've never had cat trees before.

https://www.costco.com/CompareProduc...2924,100151482

If you were buying one, which would you choose?

p.s. Does anyone know how to edit a poll?

I would go with that 56" one for both cats to start with. If one cat becomes territorial over it, then I'd get a second one--if the second cat seems to want one. I've had at least one cat who wouldn't exert the energy needed to get up to the lowest level--some cats just don't care about cat trees.

And the color really depends on what color the cats are. I'd get a color that would blend with the fur colors of your cats as much as possible.

(Sorry, I didn't answer the poll, because my answer doesn't really fit.)

I like the cat playground models, with a cubbyhole for each.

Ooh! A poll!

So I had to vote -- for some reason I'm a sucker for polls.

I like the second choice, the one Costco thinks is for one cat. I think it would work fine for two cats -- what are the chances that two cats want to be in cubbyholes at the same time? At my house, no two cats have ever wanted to do the same thing at the same time. Some prefer platforms, some prefer boxes.

it also depends on the agility of the cats. We have a single cat now. She's 17 and has three legs and would need the lowest possible cat tree... and she'd never make it up a ladder as in 3 and 4.

They are all going to be problematic. I have two huge trees made with 2x4s and plywood. Even though the 5 and 6 foot tall trees are solid and very very heavy, the cats have almost tipped them over. There will have to be weight on the bottom if there is any height. Make sure the shelves are not too small. We thought our wobbly boy would not make it up the tree but he does. Some of them drag themselves up the back using the carpet and swing from the shelves.

of the 4, the $79 looks the most promising.

Of course, a few small boxes arranged on the floor would probably be a more frugal option...

jane is so right. ALL of ours love boxes of all kinds and sizes. If there is paper in the Amazon box, they will dig out the paper to sit in the box. Height is almost as good. We put a felted bed we had issues with on top of the 5 foot bookcase and two of our girls figured out how to jump up to sleep in that bed. One cat we had loved regular ladders and would sit on top.

Boxes. Ladders. Yup, that's the ticket.

Our cats pretty much ignored the cats tree. They lived in a construction zone for several years and had access to ladders and other stuff.

I voted for #4, but personally, I would give them boxes with pillows/blankets in them or on top of them. I don't see how you can clean the tree unless you steam clean it. Animals can make their furniture icky pretty quickly with just one bout of illness/diarrhea/hairballs. Sorry for the grossness, but the first thing that comes to my mind is how to get it clean.
    Last edited by merince; 9-29-17 at 9:36am. Reason: Grammar

Thread Information