View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 - 43" beige - for 2 cats

1 25.00%
  • #2 - 41" dark gray - for single cat

1 25.00%
  • #3 - 56" dark gray - for single cat

1 25.00%
  • #4 - 43" dark gray - for 2 cats

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat Tree - you get to vote!

I like 1 and 4, because they allow for future aged cats who might have issues with mobility (easier to climb stairs than to jump large distances for many cats).

Geila
    Hmmm... so right now my cats are not big climbers in the house, and they don't care about boxes either. When my girl was a kitten she played with a bag a couple of times but hasn't done that in ages. They seem to like the tables that put them close to window height and I have one of those in the living room and now one in my sewing/computer room and they both have baskets for them to nap in. Other than that they just hang out on the couch or our bed, just like the dogs. They do often climb in the garage where there is lots of shelving and bins and sleep in the bins.

So it doesn't seem like the cat tree is necessary. I was hoping that they would use the scratching post instead of the couches, but that probably won't happen. Sadly, my sectional couch has taken most of the abuse from the furry ones. It's looking so ragged.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys! I will save myself time, money and energy and abandon the cat tree idea.

I am not an especially good cat mom when it comes to providing them enrichment activities, but all of my cats loved a clean surface. Anything that is fresh out of the wash, they will try to sit or lie down on it. So, were I a better cat mom, I might wash pillowcases often and place them around various places in the house. That would give them varying experiences (they are curious about new things) and would give them the fresh surfaces they crave. Extra points if it is high off the ground.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    This was so cute!!!

Maybe I need to try again with the boxes. I'll do some cutouts next time I get one and see if they'll play with it. I'll put it in the garage where they can play without the big dog shoving her way into everything.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am not an especially good cat mom when it comes to providing them enrichment activities, but all of my cats loved a clean surface. Anything that is fresh out of the wash, they will try to sit or lie down on it. So, were I a better cat mom, I might wash pillowcases often and place them around various places in the house. That would give them varying experiences (they are curious about new things) and would give them the fresh surfaces they crave. Extra points if it is high off the ground.
    Mine don't do that, even when I have baskets of clean laundry on the floor or laundry on the couch. I think since they grew up with dogs, they've adopted lots of the dog behaviors. That's interesting.

Big cats and boxes, I never thought of that!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-29-17 at 2:00pm.

Every one of my cats is different. They like different sleeping places, toys, foods, etc. They even have different places on their bodies they like petted.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Hmmm... so right now my cats are not big climbers in the house, and they don't care about boxes either. They seem to like the tables that put them close to window height
    maybe what you need is....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcTodZ0JGxA

or a window insertcat window insert.JPG
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Our cats love boxes. Even boxes that are way too small for them to successfully fit. And recently we discovered that even just a flat sheet of paper makes for a good sitting spot. Apparently it creates a suitable outline of a space for them. Funny the things that matter to them.

Our cat loved laundry...and changing sheet day.

Thread Information