Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-purposing things

Geila

Re-purposing things

I bought this wonderful olive oil and the can it comes in is so nice, I'd like to repurpose it, but have no idea what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Dried flower vase?

what is the measurement?
    Pinterest isn't pulling up for me right now but on google image search - drill a few holes in the bottom and plant a succulent in it, is it tall enough to hold wood spoons? I've seen some cool jewelry made out of them too.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    what is the measurement?
    10.25" tall x 5.75" wide x 3.5" deep

Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    Thanks Float! I like the bird house and planter ideas. It's a bit too tall for spoons, I think it would fall over, and it's a bit narrow. That had been my first idea for it. I do have some plants that would look pretty spilling over in it.

I was hoping to use it in my newly created sewing room, but I can't think what I would put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post

I was hoping to use it in my newly created sewing room, but I can't think what I would put in it.
    What about a place to keep buttons or trim on a shelf or extra bobbins? There are always little bits in sewing to keep contained. I have a small native american lidded vessel that I keep button in (all those spares that come on clothes and some I've collected). To me it brings back so many memories of spilling out my mom's or my grandma's tin of buttons.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    What about a place to keep buttons or trim on a shelf or extra bobbins? There are always little bits in sewing to keep contained. I have a small native american lidded vessel that I keep button in (all those spares that come on clothes and some I've collected). To me it brings back so many memories of spilling out my mom's or my grandma's tin of buttons.
    Isn't the can too tall? I can see a tin, like a cookie tin, being good for sewing stuff. But this can is tall and skinny. You know, it might be good for drawing supplies. Or paint sticks!

I think it would be nice to just display. If you have open shelving in the kitchen, or maybe atop the cabinets, or somewhere it could be seen. Maybe make a little group of some other pretty display items like interesting bottles (wine?), a plant etc.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Since you want to use this in a sewing room, your going to need scissors, and things to mark stuff, etc. What about something like those DIY knife blocks, that contain bamboo skewers and allow you to push/place items in them and keep them supported up top?

Thread Information