Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethical dilemma, dang it

ZG, I do acknowledge that without walking in your shoes, we cannot judge or even fully understand your situation. You are conscientious and caring without a doubt.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Not about ethics - either you have coverage and legal working conditions, or you do not. If you do not, either you cancel the event, add staff, or violate the law.

i would send him an e-mail laying out the three options as clearly and briefly possible and asking him to make a decision, and I would copy his boss. At minimum you are creating a paper trail for your own defense.
    Paper trail very definitely - if something negative happens, you could find yourself thrown under the bus and him saying he was never told there were any issues.

thank you Razz, I appreciate people taking the time and listening to me. It sure helps out. I have plans to go hiking with my sister tomorrow and I really hope I am not too tired. Would like to have a life this year!

So far today the little guy who has special needs is doing well. Mom realized she marked 'no accommodations' and was so apologetic when she came in. Saved some awkwardness in the conversation. He needs a little extra support but I am here all day after all. Apparently he just needs to be changed at 10 and 2, and that means I shouldn't need to be here until closing time at 6. My assistant is more than capable, I just didn't want to put the liability of diapering on anyone else.

I had a nice talk with sup today. Actually he seems as stuck as I do on this issue of staffing for camp days. That really helped, I think he is also trying really hard when they give an order to just take it, but there is resistance from him and other supervisors. So he may have told me more than expected, but it helped so much to learn that my former supervisor is the one asking if anyone asked the PS's (my job) what we think of the plans. Also he did say that we would get a special support person for this kiddo if he comes to future camps. That really helps put my mind at ease, I try to not be there the whole 12 hours after all but without a support for special needs it is not really safe and supportive.

So anyway, as typical when I get exhausted I tend to get more intense, and I tend to get intense.

Thread Information