Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myers-Briggs: worst workplaces for each type

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Myers-Briggs: worst workplaces for each type

I thought this was interesting. Wonder if you all who know your Myers-Briggs type would agree with what they say. They were spot on for me (INFP)

http://observer.com/2017/07/myers-br...7&kwp_1=785427
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yep for me.
    INTJ: A loud and interactive office environment where they can’t close their door and buckle down for more than five consecutive minutes without someone busting in to interrupt them.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Yep for me.
    INTJ: A loud and interactive office environment where they can’t close their door and buckle down for more than five consecutive minutes without someone busting in to interrupt them.
    OMG YES!!!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    I am an ISTJ and glad to be at my current job where everyone works.

INTJ - Oh GOD yes!

Another INTJ/P here - it is absolutely right on!!

INTJ here who,just took the test again snc I can never remember the last two letters of my MB
    personality type. We are 2.9% of the population.

Yes to the bad office environment.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    INTJ here...We are 2.9% of the population.
    Wow, well you INTJs are greatly over-represented on the simple living forum, it seems!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, well you INTJs are greatly over-represented on the simple living forum, it seems!
    It is because we can close the door here, and keep you people out.

INTP: A workplace in which they are micromanaged and must account for what they are doing at absolutely every minute of every day.
    yes that's very bad and is part of the problem ... I don't like that .... I hate having to account for exact time on timesheets etc. - though the worst I don't know ...

maybe a workplace where you have to use your best thinking to try to guess what the expectations are, yet because your personality isn't great at people reading anyway, it does little good, and the expectations change regularly, so you end up in trouble for doing what you thought was right yesterday. A workplace where yesterday something had no deadline and was "take your time" and today is due today. Where yesterday you were encouraged to ask questions and today you are in trouble for asking questions (or at least on a more benign day they aren't answered). Where yesterday it seems you are encouraged to take more initiative in dealing with the business directly (and I was like oh cool they want me to take initiative I can use my experience for all this), and yet today you are punished for doing so. Where everything seems a matter of people reading correctly rather than clearly communicated expectations. I have REAL problems with this as I'm not good at it.

A workplace where much seems to be a matter of cliques and personal hates and likes and such office politics that you can't even figure out. Such inexplicable behavior and unpredictable expectations just does a serious number on the INTPs need to make rational sense of the world they are living in. And eventually, and I have, they give up, they give up even trying to make any sense of things and expect the sword to just fall on them for reasons they can't prevent nor always even foresee. A workplace where deadlines that can't be met are imposed willy nilly and you can't even argue "but this is impossible ..." because your input is ignored no matter. INTPs don't like deadlines period, but I deal with them sometimes for a corporate need, but it isn't even that. A workplace where your desire to actually do a good job at things is relentlessly pushed against in that nobody cares if things are done remotely correctly but only quickly, although there is always the off chance one will get in trouble for having taken the necessary shortcuts also (necessary because of having no time).

And eventually it's less and less a workplace (although work still gets done), and more just a re-enaction of childhood trauma, where the powers that be could get angry at any time for any reasons, and all hell would break lose, and insults get hurled (and this does happen at work - real insults not just professional criticism), for reasons you could neither prevent nor always even predict. Although in childhood objects would also start getting hurled and that has not happened at work yet needless to say (though my bf did work at a place where the boss threw a chair in rage once).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information