Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dining nook ideas...

Geila

Dining nook ideas...

I got to thinking about the dining nook and remembered these rooms that have the feel I'm looking for. They don't have pedestal tables, but the dining area in her house is bigger than mine and I think a pedestal would be more functional.

These images from one of our former members: http://thegardenerscottage.blogspot.com/

So bright and fresh!

Geila
    And this is my kitchen inspiration! This Fall I have plans to paint my kitchen and get rid of a lot of stuff to achieve this sort of bright cheerful space.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/5222698...en-los-angeles

Geila
    I like the look of this table/chair combo. I saw chairs very similar at auction. They had a hot pink cushion cover and looked fabulous. Very glam but simple. And it would be so easy to change out the covers. Or I can do just two bigger upholstered chairs. That would be nice too.

I like the color of the kitchen cabinets in the link.
    I have a large trove of decorating ideas in a computer file. To drool over, if nothing else.

I didn't know she used to be a member of the Forum. I like her blog.

Geila
    I stumbled onto this blog and her dining nook is very similar to mine. And she's using a table that looks just like the Ikea one I've been thinking of using. I wish I could copy/past the photo, but no luck. https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0Ofz8F..._lovely_things

Geila, those pictures are totally, totally my style. Beautiful! When I made some changes to my kitchen I built a banquette out of stock cabinets in my kitchen nook, but didn't replace our old vintage farm table, which I LOVE. My living area also is similar to the bottom picture (not quite that nice, but same idea!) with parson's chairs and very little/no color--just white/beige and natural woods, including the wooden blinds and jute rug.

My living room cost me maybe $700 to decorate, which includes the "built-in" bookcase, deacon's bench, expandable dining table, piano, re-covered parson's chairs, loveseat, secretary, and wall art. Everything was free or bought in consignment shops.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I stumbled onto this blog and her dining nook is very similar to mine. And she's using a table that looks just like the Ikea one I've been thinking of using. I wish I could copy/past the photo, but no luck. https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0Ofz8F..._lovely_things
    I really like that one and looks similar to what I'd like to do in my kitchen eating area. I've thought about a built in bench across the long wall with small table and chairs. Very calming photo with the black and white. I think I have too much color in my kitchen now and would like to brighten it with some white paint. I have two red walls, the other's are a dark taupe. My galley off the eating area I have the lower cabinets in teal and the uppers in white (some open), I have black/stainless appliances. There is a covered porch off the sliding door facing SW same wall as kitchen sink window. The window on the long wall in the eating area is facing SE but has a walkway and the studio blocks some of the light. I'm just feeling dark and closed in. Love all these light and airy feeling samples you posted.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Wasn't there talk of a pedestal table on another thread? I just saw this one in a Sturbridge Yankee Workshop catalog.

https://www.sturbridgeyankee.com/cat...esult/?q=byron

byron-dining-table.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Geila, those pictures are totally, totally my style. Beautiful! When I made some changes to my kitchen I built a banquette out of stock cabinets in my kitchen nook, but didn't replace our old vintage farm table, which I LOVE. My living area also is similar to the bottom picture (not quite that nice, but same idea!) with parson's chairs and very little/no color--just white/beige and natural woods, including the wooden blinds and jute rug.

My living room cost me maybe $700 to decorate, which includes the "built-in" bookcase, deacon's bench, expandable dining table, piano, re-covered parson's chairs, loveseat, secretary, and wall art. Everything was free or bought in consignment shops.
    $700?! That's amazing. And this look is so classic. I had to look up parson's chairs and I like them. I just saw two of them at Ross today. $60 each, seemed like a good price. They would look good with the Docksa!

Thread Information