Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: October Purge

IL; before you get too excited I told DH last night I would finish up the boxes today and he said he thinks it is stuff that he needs to go through. We all know what that means. I am going to try again today to talk to him about this. Of course his office is a disaster also but I guess baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL; before you get too excited I told DH last night I would finish up the boxes today and he said he thinks it is stuff that he needs to go through. We all know what that means. I am going to try again today to talk to him about this. Of course his office is a disaster also but I guess baby steps.
    awwww, shoot. Weel then, maybe later.

At least the garage is about 30 boxes lighter. However, I just remembered that the deal for me to sort his tools, screw etc was that the garage had to be clean so maybe I can use this as leverage

Since the last I posted on Oct 10
    --two of dear husbands Lion's club dress shirts like new...Donated
    --two gift cards to Lion's club fundraiser....Donated
    --two really stained tea towels...Rag Bag
    --3 cutting broads stained and very rough shape ...Garbage
    --2 plastic containers for pouring oils..very icky and unsafe...Garbage
    --4 samples of shampoo etc. partly used in travel bags...Used up then recycled
    --2 pass dated makeups....Garbage
    --1 Swimsuit like new that doesn't work for me now...Donation
    --8 Bras new or like new that don't work for me now...Donation/giveaway
    --1 Beachy type bag I have never used...Donation
    Whoa if I could just keep this up I would love it!!! To Date 27 items
    To Oct 03/2017
    --10 items made up into 2 gift baskets for auction at charity...donation
    --2 pair of underwear...needed to go in garbage...(thinking is that if I had an accident/got sick even at home would
    I be embarrassed to be taken to the hospital...my mother always said that...lol...I have become my mother)
    --2 magazines...1 to recycling and 1 to donation bag.
    --1 more like new bathing suit ..donation
    Total to date: 42
    I have been a very busy lady
    --1 toilet bowl and holder...garbage 2 more pairs of underwear, 6 mugs to a charity for making gift baskets
    --6 packages of chocolate...2 small containers to charity...1 Neti pot to charity
    --8 cans of food to Food Bank....4 Magazines to charity....
    ---1 Large Bakers Rack sold on KIJJI...6 books to charity
    --1 more tea towel.....2 T-shirts to the rag bag
    Total 82
    There has been more but goes to show you that if you don't write it down you can't even remember you had it...lol

Yppej
    Wallpaper remover, about 10 years old, and thickened too much to use.

Returned 7 items to a couple of different stores today. I'm counting this because in the past, things not returned turned into permanent clutter, so it's progress that I got them returned! New total for month: 21.

Williamsmith
    A box containing brand new and in the original box from 1987......a Pyrex coffee percolator and replacement parts. 12 items sold to a collector in rural New York for enough to pay for dinner for two. Opened up a nice empty space in my garage. Boom.

Yppej
    After IL's thread on can openers I looked at mine. The gears were rusted out so I replaced it for less than $3.00. I have not been doing bigger things because there is no room for them in the trash with all the old insulation I am getting rid of bit by bit each week.

Mini step - got DH to agree to donate a set of Time-Life WWII books that will clear off an entire bookshelf, however, they're not out of the house yet. I'll remind him this weekend. He's also agreed to go through his suits and ties and donate most of them now that he's retired.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information