Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give it a 100 Challenge - October

Give it a 100 Challenge - October

Look at us in a new month!

Congratulations on 28, Chicken Lady!

As predicted, my work schedule is starting to get really intense, so I've missed some days. But I finally completed Day 30 today.

I sort of have made my first bench mark. I wanted to complete 28 times by September 30, which I did. But I also set some goals for some long writing sessions: to have 10 one-hour sessions and 2 two-hour sessions completed by then, and I didn't accomplish that. My goal overall in the 100 days is to do at least 30 one-hour sessions and at least 10 two-hour sessions, and to let the other 60 times just be 30-minute sessions. But so far, I've only done four one-hour sessions, and it's hard for me to imagine squeezing in more of those any time soon.

But, like many of the rest of you, I'm trying not to be a perfectionist and to keep my goals realistic. So I've decided that just getting myself to write 100 times even in short sessions is a big step forward, so my priority is just to accomplish that. So I think I'll just do that and then plan on "tacking on" the longer writing sessions at the end of the 100 times if I have to, in December and January when I will have more time.

Onward!

Yay! I was thinking about you this morning EJ and how you accomplished submitting a writing. A
    great result of your 30 min. or more each time! I finished day 14 of 6000 steps or more and although the attic is not being done we have used the wonderful weather to get outside jobs done- painting the big shed-still in progress and some brick moving to improve drainage around the house. One must be flexible. For September I did not have a single day of less than 4000 steps and only 3 of those- a big improvement. I am going to stick with this thanks to the support and reading of what others are doing.

Geila
    Wow, new month already. Congrats to everyone!

Yesterday was day 11 for both low-carb and workouts. I made an effort to get my workouts caught up with my low-carb days so that I can track together and I finally got there.

Great job, Nswef and Geila!

Williamsmith
    Ejchase.....how do you force yourself to write? For me, it is either there or not. No use trying if I ain’t feelin it.

Williamsmith, I have to force myself - just like with cleaning, exercising, boring errands. Though I do sometimes get inspired by reading.

Williamsmith
    I understanding the inspiration by reading.....it is amazing some of the writing that is out there.

Last night was 29.

it occurs to me that I have never gone to bed with the new kitchen messy. One of my biggest issues with keeping up with my house is that while I would love to have “everything in it’s place”, i don’t have “a place for everything.”

i got to design this new kitchen. So far, it has a place for everything.

What a great realization CL. Rewarding, too, to know your plan is working. Day 15 for me on 6000 steps.

Yes, what a great feeling that must be, CL.

Yay on 29 for CL and 15 for nswf!

Thread Information