Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give it a 100 Challenge - October

Give it a 100 Challenge - October

Look at us in a new month!

Congratulations on 28, Chicken Lady!

As predicted, my work schedule is starting to get really intense, so I've missed some days. But I finally completed Day 30 today.

I sort of have made my first bench mark. I wanted to complete 28 times by September 30, which I did. But I also set some goals for some long writing sessions: to have 10 one-hour sessions and 2 two-hour sessions completed by then, and I didn't accomplish that. My goal overall in the 100 days is to do at least 30 one-hour sessions and at least 10 two-hour sessions, and to let the other 60 times just be 30-minute sessions. But so far, I've only done four one-hour sessions, and it's hard for me to imagine squeezing in more of those any time soon.

But, like many of the rest of you, I'm trying not to be a perfectionist and to keep my goals realistic. So I've decided that just getting myself to write 100 times even in short sessions is a big step forward, so my priority is just to accomplish that. So I think I'll just do that and then plan on "tacking on" the longer writing sessions at the end of the 100 times if I have to, in December and January when I will have more time.

Onward!

Yay! I was thinking about you this morning EJ and how you accomplished submitting a writing. A
    great result of your 30 min. or more each time! I finished day 14 of 6000 steps or more and although the attic is not being done we have used the wonderful weather to get outside jobs done- painting the big shed-still in progress and some brick moving to improve drainage around the house. One must be flexible. For September I did not have a single day of less than 4000 steps and only 3 of those- a big improvement. I am going to stick with this thanks to the support and reading of what others are doing.

Wow, new month already. Congrats to everyone!

Yesterday was day 11 for both low-carb and workouts. I made an effort to get my workouts caught up with my low-carb days so that I can track together and I finally got there.

Great job, Nswef and Geila!

Ejchase.....how do you force yourself to write? For me, it is either there or not. No use trying if I ain’t feelin it.

Williamsmith, I have to force myself - just like with cleaning, exercising, boring errands. Though I do sometimes get inspired by reading.

I understanding the inspiration by reading.....it is amazing some of the writing that is out there.

Last night was 29.

it occurs to me that I have never gone to bed with the new kitchen messy. One of my biggest issues with keeping up with my house is that while I would love to have “everything in it’s place”, i don’t have “a place for everything.”

i got to design this new kitchen. So far, it has a place for everything.

What a great realization CL. Rewarding, too, to know your plan is working. Day 15 for me on 6000 steps.

Yes, what a great feeling that must be, CL.

Yay on 29 for CL and 15 for nswf!