Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Las Vegas

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    One aftermath of this shooting is all the people that now have huge hospital bills they can't pay. Many can't work because of either physical or mental health issues related to the shooting. One woman in her 50's had a successful small business she ran and now is paralyzed from her neck down in rehab. Who is going to run her business and once home she will need round the clock aides, etc. Her home will need adaptations or she will have to go to a nursing home. Of course no insurance will pay for any of this. Many of the living who survived the shooting have had their lives ruined.
    i hope and believe that there are many in the medical profession and wealthy individuals who are taking notice of this tradegy and can see where they might make a financial difference for someone. I wish the media would focus on good stories. I am sure if Charles Kuralt we’re still alive he could find something inspiring to tell about.

One aftermath of this shooting is all the people that now have huge hospital bills they can't pay. Many can't work because of either physical or mental health issues related to the shooting. One woman in her 50's had a successful small business she ran and now is paralyzed from her neck down in rehab. Who is going to run her business and once home she will need round the clock aides, etc. Her home will need adaptations or she will have to go to a nursing home. Of course no insurance will pay for any of this. Many of the living who survived the shooting have had their lives ruined.
    I would expect since this shooter had assets, that the victims have a lawyer file against the shooters estate.
    As a business owner, you don't know if your going to be shot during a robbery, or injured in a car accident, or fall and break a leg on the way to work. That is why owners take disability insurance.
    Ruined is a state of mind, DAMHIK. Changes in life happen and one can't stop that. All they can do is deal with whatever happens in life and change their own attitudes.

Not sure about the huge hospital bills, as isn't everybody covered, by some law?

Ruined is hardly a state of mind when you are paralyzed from the neck down, are wearing diapers, can't feed yourself or wipe you own nose.

Ruined is hardly a state of mind when you are paralyzed from the neck down, are wearing diapers, can't feed yourself or wipe you own nose.
    Changed, or ruined. Attitude is everything. Sally Firestone is a friend of my family, and former coworker of one of my parents. I remember looking down at the bodies that had been removed:
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article748398.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpxZFfa1oe4

Attitude is THE thing you have and control.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the assessment that something else is more important than the fear. -- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I wonder who pays for the medical costs of all these crime victims?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017...nce/700443001/

TMS: I have spent my career working with people with disabilities and I know how important attitude is in life and recovery. Some people are able to make the most of the situation and move on. However, it is devastating when someone acquires a severe disability both personally and financially. Few marriages survive it either. I know the realities of life for a quadriplegic and many people really have no clue about how it affects these people's daily lives. Yes the only thing you can control is your attitude but if you have not worked with people that acquired severe disabilities it is difficult to understand the complexities of the situation. When someone is born with a severe disability this is the only way of living they know so it is easier in many ways.

Thread Information