Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screaming at the Sky

Screaming at the Sky

When I first heard about this, I thought my leg was being pulled, but apparently on November 8 people around the country are organizing to "scream helplessly at the sky" to commemorate Trump's first year in office. Perhaps next year they could arrange for a million people to hold their breathe until they turn blue.

Pretty funny. I feel like screaming at the sky at how stupid our citizenry and political "leaders" seem to have become.

Williamsmith
    Well, I have to admit to screaming at the sky but for a different purpose. During the full moon, I wander out into the darkness and hold up my wallet and yell, “Fill er up!” three times. I usually find some money comes my way. This year if Trump gets his tax cuts,......maybe all that screaming helplessly at the sky might actually pay off.

My nearest neighbors are ½ mile away and we don’t talk politics but if they come out yelling on Nov. 8th I will know they either voted for Hillary or the cows are out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Well, I have to admit to screaming at the sky but for a different purpose. During the full moon, I wander out into the darkness and hold up my wallet and yell, “Fill er up!” three times. I usually find some money comes my way. This year if Trump gets his tax cuts,......maybe all that screaming helplessly at the sky might actually pay off.
    You are probably in a higher tax bracket then? Because that is who the git will help the most!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You are probably in a higher tax bracket then?Because that is who the git will help the most!
    Where did you get your information? I am curious and have searched but I cannot find any concrete information just a bunch of opinions and speculation. Sure would like to know something for sure if you have sources.

Williamsmith
    “Among the positive elements: an end to the “death tax;” increases in the child tax credit; a doubling of the “standard deduction,” raising the amount of tax-free income for individuals and couples; an end to the controversial “alternative minimum tax” (AMT) that has become a “trap for middle and working class Americans;” preserving the charitable deduction, lowering taxes on small business income to 25 percent; allowing companies to write off investment expenses immediately; slashing corporate tax rates to 20 percent; moving to a territorial tax system that does not punish American firms for selling goods overseas; and more.”

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...om-paul-family

Yppej
    If you are poor your rates will rise from 10% to 12%, and if you live in a high tax state you will no longer be able to deduct the state taxes you pay. Most of the high tax states are blue states. There are definite winners and losers in this proposal.

And only rich people pay the death tax. My parents were told to see about setting up a trust to try to avoid some of these taxes, and all they did was waste money on attorney's fees. Despite owning a home in a high cost of living area they do not have enough in assets to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If you are poor your rates will rise from 10% to 12%, and if you live in a high tax state you will no longer be able to deduct the state taxes you pay. Most of the high tax states are blue states. There are definite winners and losers in this proposal.

And only rich people pay the death tax. My parents were told to see about setting up a trust to try to avoid some of these taxes, and all they did was waste money on attorney's fees. Despite owning a home in a high cost of living area they do not have enough in assets to make it worthwhile.
    I'd rather wait for details, for example, if one class of tax payer's rate rises 2%, yet the standard deduction is increased, does that equal an increase in taxes paid? And the estate tax, not only does this impact the rich, but it also impacts farms and small businesses who earn middle class livings from expensive assets such as land or other infrastructure. On top of that, I've never understood what claim Democrats have on other people's property. It seems rude.

Lastly, why are blue states so expensive?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

As far as I'm concerned, Trump's tax "plan" is nothing more than some bullet points scrawled on a cocktail napkin at this point. I'll wait until I see some details. Some of the bullet points seem.....ill-advised....purely at the #hashtag level of analysis though.

Thread Information