Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas

Williamsmith
    Having been in the position of enforcement of some rather questionable laws......as in the necessity of it for public safety.....I am quite sure this type of generality will result in the criminalization of otherwise law abiding difference making citizens.

Do we really want say an enforcement officer carrying around a trigger pull measuring device which will result in a five or ten year felony sentence because the interpretation says x amount of trigger pull equals a violation of the “rate of fire” restrictions?

Id really prefer law makers be honest and just admit they want to repeal the 2nd amendment and confiscate all citizen firearms. Well, a few already have.

On the day of the Mandalay shooting .....millions of Americans possessed the same kinds of firearms and did nothing evil with them. So why should we punish them? McVeigh killed 168 and injured over 680 with a rental truck in just one incident. Wouldn’t it make just as much sense to mandate criminal history checks on all renters of moving trucks?

Do we want to live in a country where every hotel you check into has to search your bags, go through a metal detector and ban possession of firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Do we want to live in a country where every hotel you check into has to search your bags, go through a metal detector and ban possession of firearms?
    I don't think I'd stay in such a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    That seems an odd approach, as I can easily change the "rate of fire" of a firearm by using different ammunition, changing springs, muzzle brakes, changing the size of gas ports, and so on. (Indeed, some firearms I own have adjustable gas ports so that you can adapt the firearm to different ammunition.) And I'm not aware that firearms have a legally-specified "rate of fire" at manufacture or design time.
    Actually, there is a rate of fire at manufacture/design time. It is called as fast as you can pull the trigger and all semi automatic firearms have that.

So at that rate, there are still questions and potentially people themselves are illegal.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/...tainless-steel

Looks like A.E. van Vogt’s Weapons Shops Of Isher are about to open up.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

what an interesting article. It could change things. Some for the greater good of society, some for the worse for sure. As machines do more and more in manufacturing what will working people work at? Now I have to read the book.

If the truck didn't have a bumper, would that have killed less people. My lord, what would have happened yesterday, if that driver had a better muffler?

Pretty soon you'll be able to splice genes in your garage and manufacture machine parts in your basement.

I looked into making a AR-15 clone with the 80% receiver, but unless your going to make several the cost of the jigs drive the price to high.

And I’m looking forward to the 3-d printers to start churning out quality parts. Some of the cost of airplane parts are just ridiculous. But the faa does permit owner produced parts if the quality is the same.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I looked into making a AR-15 clone with the 80% receiver, but unless your going to make several the cost of the jigs drive the price to high.

And I’m looking forward to the 3-d printers to start churning out quality parts. Some of the cost of airplane parts are just ridiculous. But the faa does permit owner produced parts if the quality is the same.
    You can now purchase an AR-15 clone for $450. Assembling a better than mil-spec one from parts off the web....$700. Find several people to share the cost of jigging.......makes it quite reasonable. I suspect ammunition to become assailed as part of a plan to make exercising your 2nd amendment right cost prohibitive. At 30 cents per round .....pulling the trigger on a 30 round mag costs $9. Imagine if taxes and license fees tripled that cost.

One aftermath of this shooting is all the people that now have huge hospital bills they can't pay. Many can't work because of either physical or mental health issues related to the shooting. One woman in her 50's had a successful small business she ran and now is paralyzed from her neck down in rehab. Who is going to run her business and once home she will need round the clock aides, etc. Her home will need adaptations or she will have to go to a nursing home. Of course no insurance will pay for any of this. Many of the living who survived the shooting have had their lives ruined.

Thread Information