Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Petty's passing

Tom Petty's passing

Did not know where to put this but settled on this thread in hopes he is off on a new journey in a peaceful and joyous dimension of our existence.

Such sad news.

"I Won't Back Down" is one of the greatest songs ever.

Loved his work in The Traveling Wilburys.

RIP Tom:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tom+pe...&setlang=en-US

Yes very horrified and saddened to hear this news yesterday. Ruined my day. Love Tom Petty. Too young ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This was difficult to hear. I so remember Free Fallin' from the Summer of 1989, which was a happy time in my life. I also remember Learning To Fly which was a hit right after I graduated college, and then also All The Wrong Reasons from the Fall of 1991 when I was starting a new life in Portland, OR. Such a talented musician and too young passing........Rob

It does seem very young to me, and sudden. The group that he performed with for the Rock and Roll hall of fame (including Prince who kinda stole the show) was incredible. I like to think of them somewhere playing together, along with George Harrison who was being honored then.

I had to laugh, because I knew it was advertised as "his farewell tour".
    While I was told this, two friends were on the phone with family. One's ex wife was in Vegas with their two grandkids across the street from the concert. The other, works in that venue and was on the phone with their soundguys, who have another gig, and know why they can't get their equipment out of the crime scene and were trying to figure out logistics to make the next gig. (focused on trying to get back to normalcy)

It's too bad...he wasn't that old! I'm sure he had some songs left in him. Very sad. I was a fan.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I just read in today's paper that he is not dead. In ICU in very critical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I just read in today's paper that he is not dead. In ICU in very critical condition.
    That was yesterday's news. Today he's actually dead.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

No he is dead. Can't believe it and wish it was not so, but even though at one point there may have been a chance he'd survive (although probably in real honest truth that never got said, it was all over but the life support), he is really dead now.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post

"I Won't Back Down" is one of the greatest songs ever.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tom+pe...&setlang=en-US
    To be honest, I never got into Tom Petty's music. Not a matter of like/don't like--I just didn't connect with him at that particular time of rock history. But I just listened to "I Won't Back Down" and I agree with you--that's a great song.

I know a lot of people are truly sad to hear of his passing, and I know he truly made a mark.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information