Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tom Petty's passing

I think I have owned Damn the Torpedoes in four or five different formats over the years. It's on my list of must-bring car trip albums.

I also like America and Mary Tyler Moore quite a lot.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Asking again, why dont you have an Austrian residency status? Why doesnt she go back to Austria?

My mother in law could have returned to Switzerland any time. But she didnt fear and despise America. I guess she was unethical immoral and etc for. Ot giving her children that European chamce.
    Austria doesn't recognize dual citizenship, IL. Once you accept a foreign citizenship, you lose your Austrian citizenship. My mother would not have an easy time getting back in as she left the homeland voluntarily. And I can't get in, unlike some European countries, based on the fact that she is from there - I'd have been there years ago were that the case. But then I wouldn't have met my wonderful life partner.......everything is give and take to some degree. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think I have owned Damn the Torpedoes in four or five different formats over the years. It's on my list of must-bring car trip albums.

I also like America and Mary Tyler Moore quite a lot.
    Mary Tyler Moore is cool. I'm only now getting the idea of the extent of her acting range after watching her in Ordinary People and seeing her completely nail that part what was so against type for her. Rob
    v

"The Waiting is the Hardest Part" among others, and the Traveling Wilbury's first album especially - all good stuff.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Traveling Wilburys is always my go-to road trip music.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    "The Waiting is the Hardest Part" among others, and the Traveling Wilbury's first album especially - all good stuff.
    I was sad when Roy died. They collaborated together so well, and I had heard that they had planned more stuff together.
    Now I am trying to remember (too much going on), isn't Jeff Lynn and Dylan the only ones left?

Something I saw today:

I pray that 59 beautiful souls who started out at a Jason Aldean show woke up to the most amazing Tom Petty concert.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

A car drove by me in downtown Phoenix today, blaring the Tom Petty song Learning to Fly. It was so surreal to me as I remember when that song first came out and I had just graduated from college and was about to move to Portland and life seemed to have so many avenues to explore. Now I'm older and like everyone else I've made many mistakes and had some good luck here and there - and I realize that life is short, which was really hammered home today by hearing this song earlier today. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Something I saw today:

I pray that 59 beautiful souls who started out at a Jason Aldean show woke up to the most amazing Tom Petty concert.
    I like that. Thank You for posting this. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I was sad when Roy died. They collaborated together so well, and I had heard that they had planned more stuff together.
    Now I am trying to remember (too much going on), isn't Jeff Lynn and Dylan the only ones left?
    I think that is correct. Roy, George and now Tom have left this life.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information