Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump is just plain embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    many of Trump's policies are particularly bad it is true, so if one wants to say Trumps policies are the worst we've seen have seen, yes in some ways THEY ARE. But it doesn't mean much to say "Trump is all about money" when we have a previous President that does nothing but roll in the dough, cashing in on his presidency, turning that power into money.
    I mentioned after the election that one of the best things was that I would no longer have to listen to Obama bashing. Far as I can tell, all previous presidents cash in on their old office and notoriety with books and speaking tours.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I would prefer any of our past presidents to this idiot.
    Be careful what you wish for. As awful as Trump has been, he still hasn't lied the country into a war that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people, turned millions into refugees, and destabilized an entire global region while wasting enough money to rebuild every road and bridge in the entire US.

Of course, it's early days.

I mentioned after the election that one of the best things was that I would no longer have to listen to Obama bashing. Far as I can tell, all previous presidents cash in on their old office and notoriety with books and speaking tours.
    wow naked corruption is ok and to point it out is "bashing". Wow, just wow.

I understand extreme cynicism about our politicians and political system (yes they mostly suck badly), but still ... it's really not ok for them to be so corrupt.
    Trees don't grow on money

OH: I would not be surprised if he gets us into a nuclear war with N Korea.

ANM: naked corruption??? What planet do you live on??

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    wow naked corruption is ok and to point it out is "bashing". Wow, just wow.
    I'm not really sure who you are referring to about naked corruption and what events might have transpired to evoke the comment. I'm more concerned about obstruction of justice and other present transgressions.

Williamsmith
    Trump is an idiot.....but to the deplorables.....a very useful idiot. I was offended by the deplorable comment during the campaign and so were many in the Rust Belt so if you want to look for a place to lay the blame.....put it right at the feet of Hillary Rodham Clinton. The condescending attitude toward Trump just makes them support him more. There is nothing he could do to lose that support. The fact that so many like minded folks have their panties in a wad over his unfitness for the office, is confirmation of the reason he was elected in the first place. To just get under your hackles. For the most part Trumpeters think, “It sucks to be you.” Don’t kill the messenger, please.

He goes around giving speeches to Wall Street collecting hundreds of thousands a pop for the very industries he was supposed to regulate (wall street, healthcare etc.) and that he instead bailed out. If he just retired quietly to a life of golf, one could say "let Obama go already". Or if he choose purely to be an elder spokesperson or whatever for the Dem party one may or may not agree with his influence (I think it's kind of good it turns out he doesn't really care about politics, as it let's younger factions there have a chance.), but at least it's a natural role. But to just go around cashing in by the very industries he made decisions in favor of. On the sleaze scale I'd have to give it a 10.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/330...-speech-report

I don't focus on Obama that much really, yea he's really not president, so if Trump passes horrible policies that Obama somewhat supported too well then it's good to know history but not all that interesting otherwise. But despite that periodically news like this slips through, that just reminds one, ugh that guy has no shame.
    Trees don't grow on money

Don't worry WS I am beginning to get quite fond of you despite your voting for Trump)

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Don't worry WS I am beginning to get quite fond of you despite your voting for Trump)
    I admit my memory isn’t the best, mostly because I chose to forget many things but I don’t think I ever disclosed who I voted for. For the record, I rooted for Rand Paul. But I did not have the chance to vote for him. And I am fond of you as well.

I made an assumption and you know what they say about that)

Thread Information