Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob's anti-America thread

Rob's anti-America thread

Rob, please use this thread when discussing your critiques of America! Thanks.

This will help simplify things and make it more organized.
    That way threads, such as the one about Tom Petty, don't drift so far from the topic.

I'll make it a sticky if it would help to find it easily.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I can remember a free Indian curry dinner I had in a small studio apartment in Bellingham, Washington with a young lady desperately trying to marry her way out of the US to a better country, in this case Canada. Even though I made it clear that I am/was batting on the other team, she continued to pump me for contacts.....I was not offended as I can totally understand the desperation behind her behavior and I think much more of this woman for both her practicality and her behavior. Suffice it to say, I get it, and have since I was 8 years old on this one. Rob

I seriously don't understand Americans...seriously.....there is nothing at all Anti-American in my recent thread. If you would kindly understand that US decent paying jobs continue to be offshored to other countries, what exactly is wrong with EACH AND EVERY US citizen and permanent resident calmly calling out America for it's many citizenship deficiencies....to not do so is to be complicit in the deficiencies of America to begin with and I for one am not capable of such....no country gets a free ride as far as what's in it for each and every citizen in my book. Thankfully, I am not the only one who sees it this way. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'll make it a sticky if it would help to find it easily.
    That would make it easier, but I don't think he can help himself.

Didn't someone say, Ask not what your country can do for you?, but what can you do for your country.

or something like that. What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I seriously don't understand Americans...seriously.....there is nothing at all Anti-American in my recent thread. If you would kindly understand that US decent paying jobs continue to be offshored to other countries, what exactly is wrong with EACH AND EVERY US citizen and permanent resident calmly calling out America for it's many citizenship deficiencies....to not do so is to be complicit in the deficiencies of America to begin with and I for one am not capable of such....no country gets a free ride as far as what's in it for each and every citizen in my book. Thankfully, I am not the only one who sees it this way. Rob
    Rob:

America has problems! I know this. I have lobbied, voted, protested, and otherwise advocated to fix some of the problems (foreign policy, healthcare, workers' rights, etc.).

And I think those problems and their solutions are worth discussing. I even think that this thread is a potentially appropriate place. But I also think that this thread can serve as a place to discuss your particular concerns and your interesting perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Didn't someone say, Ask not what your country can do for you?, but what can you do for your country.
    Yes but, as Yoda might say "The indoctrination is strong in this one."
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I actually think Rob plays a really important role on this forum. He is the whipping boy of several other members.

But more than that, he presents ideas in the extreme. And these make for lively discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post

or something like that. What an idiot.
    Always, always, always ask and demand what the country that is currently renting you can do for you, not the other way around. Luckily, this was drilled into my head at the age of 7 (this one my Mom wanted me to grasp early with all the willing victims of the lack of socialized medicine surrounding us in rural New Hampshire at the time in the late 1970's). Rob

Thread Information