Thread: surprising leadership

surprising leadership

I read a great article about surprising leadership qualities, basically warmth and competence. I would totally agree. My current boss is warm but he doesn't know his job well. My previous one had to work on warmth, that took a little while but I felt really good my last year with her, but she knew her stuff very well. So of course I think I have these, right now I am feeling some awesome competence as I am again navigating not jumping past my boss but knowing my stuff, and having my colleagues come to me with questions on a regular basis.

https://insight.kellogg.northwestern...l-leaders-need

Validation is a human need that we all share whether we know this or not. Nice that you are receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I read a great article about surprising leadership qualities, basically warmth and competence. I would totally agree. My current boss is warm but he doesn't know his job well. My previous one had to work on warmth, that took a little while but I felt really good my last year with her, but she knew her stuff very well. So of course I think I have these, right now I am feeling some awesome competence as I am again navigating not jumping past my boss but knowing my stuff, and having my colleagues come to me with questions on a regular basis.

https://insight.kellogg.northwestern...l-leaders-need
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information