Williamsmith, kinda funny thing. I went to the open house and it is an amazing property and house, although from 1930's I think so no insulation! In the open forum and question time there were 2 different people who brought up the that name includes the word dharma, definitely Buddhist. The teacher had already explained that it was open for any donation based retreat or use, and that over many years we have used centers of other faiths many times. So one couple dropped it pretty quickly when he reinforced that it was open to all with a donation based spiritual program. This other lady would NOT drop it, she really thought the name could be changed and be more welcoming. He finally said that he had some PTSD from the focus groups around choosing a name and couldn't go on. It was humorous and stopped it.

I did end up with a little irritation however, there is something Christian on every block and every town across the country. The Buddhist teachers did this work, so they get to name it what they want. So there, it is not up to the minority religion to make sure the majority always is included (and they are welcome).

I think the whole issue is about things like historic windows and the land trust that says we can't make any new footprints on the land or set up tent sites. The site is in Boulder county, Colorado. There are very strict ecological rules for this specific land set up by the original owner who was a state botanist. She however built the house so that people could come and explore the land so that was original. The teachers got a great deal because it could only be sold to a non-profit so they had to set up one just to buy it, considering this group of teachers has been focused on eco-dharma and includes a climate scientist we are in good hands.