Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pantry preparation: What could you make right now if you couldn't get to a store?

One common experience I had with my ex is coming home and being told "there is nothing to make for dinner". And then I'd make dinner (a good, normal meal) with what was there.

Now - I'd probably run out of fresh veggies and fruits in a few days - but I could easily get by on what I have for at least a couple of weeks - and I'm not well stocked. But it is easier doing that cooking for one :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I do buy bananas, but if I couldn’t go to the store, my fruit on hand is half a dozen raspberries every other day for the next week or so, half a bushel of apples, two limes, home canned applesauce, two quarts of frozen home grown sour cherries, one can of pineapple, one can of mandarin oranges, one bag of prunes and one large box of raisins.

vegetables are a bigger issue: a bag of peppers, 4lbs of carrots, two small heads of loose leaf lettuce, and two cups of fresh spinach. I do have a yard full of plantain.
    wait, what? You have plantains?

I'm assuming she meant plantain the yard weed, not plantain the banana look a like.

Yes, the yard weed - emergency green veggie.

Thread Information