Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you grateful for at the moment?

Good health. I just received the results from tests for my annual physical and all came back good. No medications and physically active at 60. Yup, good health.....so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    At the moment I'm most grateful for the opportunity to move to the next stage in life. I think I'll retire in the spring, after annual bonuses are dispersed.
    This is excellent! Congrats!

Williamsmith
    At the moment I'm most grateful for the opportunity to move to the next stage in life. I think I'll retire in the spring, after annual bonuses are dispersed.
    The realization that I can do this and still be financially secure for the rest of my life makes me more than grateful, I think the right word is blessed.
    Congratulations Alan.....you’ve earned it!

Williamsmith
    I’m grateful for freedom....whenever, wherever and by whomever it is found.

I was born in the place I would have chosen to people I would have chosen, had I been asked. When I see how much baggage so many people carry around, that makes me grateful in the extreme. Life is more gift than burden.

My child gives every indication of developing into a better person than me.

Much like Alan, I have accumulated the wherewithal to approach retirement as a period of possibilities rather than deprivation.

I have the freedom to mock whatever I want to with impunity.

I have had the opportunities to suffer just enough to appreciate the good stuff.

I am grateful for Scotland and their wonderful distillers.

I am grateful for William F. Buckley, Junior. For John Cheever. For Marvel Comics (at least pre-1970). For Coleman Hawkins. For Philip Larkin. For Southside Johnny and the Ashbury Jukes. For Patrick O'Brien. For General Tso's Chicken. For the internal combustion engine. For our nuclear deterrent. For our fault-tolerant system of government and my fault-tolerant wife. For a benevolent deity.

But most of all, I am grateful for Jay's Barbecue Potato Chips.

The realization that I can do this and still be financially secure for the rest of my life makes me more than grateful, I think the right word is blessed.
    Erm--does this mean you won't be carrying the rest of us anymore? I'll have to shuffle my resources.
    I love retirement; I bet you will too.

that I got 8 hours sleep, well can't think of two much it's only Tuesday, but for an sometimes insomniac like me, that's a good thing.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Erm--does this mean you won't be carrying the rest of us anymore? I'll have to shuffle my resources.
    I love retirement; I bet you will too.
    I'll still claim enough income to pay my way, but not enough to continue those rental payments some folks claim as their birthright. I feel so much freer already, and for that opportunity I am truly grateful.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I'll still claim enough income to pay my way, but not enough to continue those rental payments some folks claim as their birthright. I feel so much freer already, and for that opportunity I am truly grateful.
    I have a friend whose company called him up one day a few weeks ago and announced that his services were no longer necessary--surprise! 40 years, no sheet cake, no gold watch, nothing. Fortunately, he's set financially, and is looking forward to the next adventure.

alan, that is great that you will retire soon. Do you have traveling plans? I am grateful for my family, great friends, health, 3 doggies, a p.t. job that I love, and the money and ability to travel.

Thread Information