Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eminem Freestyle

He is clever and good at the rap genre, so he's technically good within those parameters. One doesn't have to be a fan to acknowledge that. The entertainment industry is likely full of a**h*les, although a few people seem genuinely nice, and we don't know what he is like personally. Remember if you are so opposed to his violent lyrics are you also going to oppose violent films and violent t.v. etc. (too much violence and blood and gore) if they don't have a larger benevolent purpose (say showing the brutality of war in order to oppose it etc.)? Because probably 99% violent films don't have such a larger purpose, they are just to entertain, and showing the full gore so explicitly is usually not even necessary to the story. It's really the exact same thing it seems to me.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Remember if you are so opposed to his violent lyrics are you also going to oppose violent films and violent t.v. etc. (too much violence and blood and gore) ... It's really the exact same thing it seems to me.
    I didn't say I was "opposed to his violent lyrics". I simply provided examples of his misogyny. (He hasn't been kind to the LQBTQ folks either...) He's the rap poster boy for rape culture. His defense has been "I'm being singled out in the rap community for my hate speech directed towards women because I'm white."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2318164

I think he has a bit more work to do before he can jump in front and establish himself as a legitimate leader of the #resistance.

Thread Information