Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: largest employer in every state

Alan, the grocery store is helping you-whole grain is healthier)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan, the grocery store is helping you-whole grain is healthier)
    Maybe, but do you think as long as they're looking out for my best interests, should they refuse to sell me any macaroni at all if I admitted wanting to add a pound or so of Colby cheese plus butter and milk for home-made mac & cheese? If a stalk of celery would be a healthier alternative, shouldn't they only sell me celery?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Maybe, but do you think as long as they're looking out for my best interests, should they refuse to sell me any macaroni at all if I admitted wanting to add a pound or so of Colby cheese plus butter and milk for home-made mac & cheese? If a stalk of celery would be a healthier alternative, shouldn't they only sell me celery?
    That would depend on your BMI. If you pass the BMI o'meter, you get the cheese!

I had to run into our local WM for last minute travel supplies. The regular pasta was front and center - whole wheat lower down. Must be some demographic merchandising.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I had to run into our local WM for last minute travel supplies. The regular pasta was front and center - whole wheat lower down. Must be some demographic merchandising.
    Exactly, although my mention of becoming 'Walmart people' was just a riff on older discussions of Walmart which would require Mr Peabody's Way-Back Machine to peruse. Sort of an inside joke, although maybe just in my own mind.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Exactly, although my mention of becoming 'Walmart people' was just a riff on older discussions of Walmart which would require Mr Peabody's Way-Back Machine to peruse. Sort of an inside joke, although maybe just in my own mind.
    no we know whT you mean by WalMart people. It is a popular meme.

Alan, if you are making homemade mac and cheese I am coming to your house for dinner. One of my favorites.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    What is really interesting from what I could figure out for all the Walmart states only Illinois was not a red state. Coincidence? Conspiracy?

Anyway funny walmart story. A new Walmart store opened near me. In the paper there was a story about the opening. Apparently a Catholic Priest said a blessing outside the store then went inside and blessed the store. For some reason this struck us as hysterical. Of all the pain and sadness in the world you could pray for a Walmart? "Thank you for all the imported junk made with slave labor and for providing low wage jobs. And for putting all the Mom and Pop stores out of business. And for the ugly store. Amen".

Thread Information